Moisturizing Your Balenciaga

I bought yersterday my first B.Bag, the marvelous Men's Day in 07 Café (dark chocolate). I can't stop staring at it....Is anyone have care and loving instructions to protect, preserve and love my first B.Bag? Is the leather afraid by rain/water? I am afraid to ruined it...Some advices?

VIKTOR

Hello! Check out all the threads in the new Reference section. THere are some great tips for taking care of your b-bag!!! And most importantly, congratulations on your first Balenciaga! May this be the first of many for you!

APPLE LEATHER CARE TIPS

Here are my recommendations for the Apple products: The Apple Leather Care (conditioner) and Apple Garde (rain and stain repellent) spray.

First I use the conditioner, (test on an inconspicuous spot first) rub in well, allow to dry, then afterwards buff with a clean cloth. I use white cotton tshirt material.

For the spray, I recommend treating your bag outside as it is a solvent therefore, the fumes need to be able to dissipate in a well ventilated area. I hold the can of spray approximately 8-10 inches away from the bag and spray back and forth (in a sweeping motion); allowing for drying time between coats of 2-3 applications. While doing this, I hang my bag from the eaves outside of our house and wear an allergy mask, then move away very quickly from the bag after spraying. It's sounds strange, however you can't be too careful. HTH

Hello all,

as I just bought my new b bag...I wonder what kind of stuff should I buy?

i went to the LMB website but I am confused with what product I should buy.

I wanna buy somehing for my handle (to clean), something to moisturize the leather (some area is a bit dry).

I already tried to use Leather lotion (I used Wilson's leather lotion, as i only hv that at home), and also lubriderm. but my hubby kept on saying the lubriderm will crack the leather more (which I am not sure, because many ladies have good results using lubriderm here, right?)...right now my leather is a quite moisturized but i don't know if this result will last long??

anyway, any inputs will be appreciated! Thanks :smile:

I am no expert, but I would be careful about putting products on your bag that you don't need. Lubriderm is safe -- it will moisturize your leather, and won't hurt it at all. Anything else, though, changes the character of the leather. I wouldn't put anything on the handles, for example, unless they are dirty and you feel the need to clean them. If the bag is new and in good condition, I'd leave it alone or, at the most, use Lubriderm to moisturize.

it's not new...i think the handle is ok clean (because it's olive color, not light color to start with, only see the darkened part if i look at it very carefully).

so far lubriderm is really good...moisturizes nicey but I just wonder how long it will last.....

have you tried LMB proucts, Kathy? thanks :smile::heart:

hi i was wondering whether anyone can help me decide on how to clean the piping on a bag? ive looked in the faqs but it mentions everything apart from how to clean piping (featured on twiggys)

You should get a weekly moisturiser and buffing polish that is free from petro-chemicals and either fragrance free or with a light scent. It's wonderful if you don't want that boot-polish-smell rubbed into your Bbags!

hi i was wondering whether anyone can help me decide on how to clean the piping on a bag? ive looked in the faqs but it mentions everything apart from how to clean piping (featured on twiggys)
I've tried apple guard before it and it worked really well. Test an area first. My bag was a light colored bag so it didn't take off any color.

Anyone used Aldo lotion or spray? Just bought one today, for shoes mainly but Aldo SAs told me that theirs doesn't use silicones or waxes.. well, I wonder what's in that product and if anyone use it with good results.