Tradesy Buyer/Seller Beware List

ngocphan91

Apr 18, 2013
Good Afternoon Ladies,

I normally don't write much reviews regarding my shopping experiences online but for this time, I believe I should tell my story so for those who sell their stuff on Tradesy would know and protect themselves from unsavory buyers.

I recently sold a bag on Tradesy. The bag is brand new, never been used and was purchased at Saks Fifth a couple weeks ago. The bag is absolutely in new condition with no marks or stains. However, the bag is in texture leather, not smooth leather.

After receiving the bag, the buyer requested a return stating that the bag is well used with worn mark in all corners and thus me, the seller misrepresented the bag on my listing. I was furious about the situation since the bag is absolutely brand new. After a couple of days, I did not hear or receive any emails from Tradesy at all about the return or my fund from selling the bag so I decided to contact them. They replied me saying " We do not have your bag and once the buyer sends the bag to us, we will determine the bag to see if you misrepresented it on your listing". I was like sitting on fire while I don't have the bag with me or the money.

After two weeks, they emailed me saying the fund has been pulled out of my account because the bag they receive from the buyer is in well used condition. I tried to open a case with them but they keep refusing and say that the buyer is not happy with the purchase and my bag is used. Tradesy also said I did not upload 12 pictures of the bag as suggested so that's why the bag condition is not captured. Until now I still do not have the bag with me and also have no idea what to do with an used bag that should be brand new when I sent out. So lesson learnt for me is that selling site like Tradesy do not offer any protection at all for us, the sellers.

So for sellers out there like me, please be aware and protect yourself with security tags (which I only recently found out about :sad: on the bags you sell online to prevent buyers from taking advantage of any situations like mine.

Please share your experiences or any advices on how to deal with unexpected situations.

Thank you for letting me share my experience.

Reactions: onesmallchimera
i put like 6 or 7 pictures of the bag since it's brand new so I didnt think I need to post that much up. I figure it might takes another 2 weeks for me to receive the bag back. so disappointed [emoji80]

I've heard of this happening to a lot of people. It sounds like the buyer probably swapped items?

That's what I read online from various Tradesy sellers' reviews also...I never thought somebody would actually do that but I learnt my lesson. This is the first bag I ever sold on Tradesy and unfortunately, this situation happens to me.

Such a horrible experience!! I'll definitely keep this in mind in case I ever decide to sell anything on Tradesy.

I think they should have a better procedure for valuable items like handbags...maybe Tradesy sees the item first to verify condition before the buyer (like how poshmark does) would definitely help.

I think they should have a better procedure for valuable items like handbags...maybe Tradesy sees the item first to verify condition before the buyer (like how poshmark does) would definitely help.

I agree 100%

I've encountered tricky situations with ebay, but they let you open a case - and someone reviews it - so at least they seem to care about both the seller and buyer.

I would complain via a written letter, maybe also on social media - someone needs to do something because you're out of your bag and the money at this point.

I agree 100%

I've encountered tricky situations with ebay, but they let you open a case - and someone reviews it - so at least they seem to care about both the seller and buyer.

I would complain via a written letter, maybe also on social media - someone needs to do something because you're out of your bag and the money at this point.

That's exactly what im thinking:smile: I need to wait for the bag to get back to me then compare it to the old pictures I have. Hopefully, more people will know about it and wont be in this awful situation. i only started to look at online reviews after it happened to me and surprisingly, so many people have the same experiences with items being swapped by used or even replica ones.

That's exactly what im thinking:smile: I need to wait for the bag to get back to me then compare it to the old pictures I have. Hopefully, more people will know about it and wont be in this awful situation. i only started to look at online reviews after it happened to me and surprisingly, so many people have the same experiences with items being swapped by used or even replica ones.

Keep us posted!! and thanks for adding this to this forum - you may have helped a lot of people!

I just removed all my listings too. Such an awful experience that I dont want to risk my other items[emoji24]

I hate the way Tradesy breaks down pricing for sellers.

Buyers only see 1 price, while sellers see multiple break downs. You see the price you'd like to sell the item for, amount you would get back, and shipping cost that is supposedly paid by the buyer.

Once you sell your item, they charge you another fee transfer of 2.3% to get your money...

I hate the way Tradesy breaks down pricing for sellers.

Buyers only see 1 price, while sellers see multiple break downs. You see the price you'd like to sell the item for, amount you would get back, and shipping cost that is supposedly paid by the buyer.

Once you sell your item, they charge you another fee transfer of 2.3% to get your money...

I know...the transfer fee is too much imo. There's one time the listing keeps reducing the price itself no matter how many times i tried to change it [emoji23] I ended up remove the listing and repost it the next hour or so...