Safest place to sell Cartier?

Hi there,
I have sold some of my Cartier pieces through Yoogie's Closet ( not sure if I spelled that correctly). The process is simple and they even send you a prepaid FedEx label. You can choose to sell direct or put it on their site for consignment. You usually get more when you consign but it could take longer. When the item sells ( or you sell direct), you have a choice of getting a check in the mail, a site credit or money deposited to Paypal. I have always been satisfied when dealing with them.
Hope this helps.
Diane

Hi there,
I have sold some of my Cartier pieces through Yoogie's Closet ( not sure if I spelled that correctly). The process is simple and they even send you a prepaid FedEx label. You can choose to sell direct or put it on their site for consignment. You usually get more when you consign but it could take longer. When the item sells ( or you sell direct), you have a choice of getting a check in the mail, a site credit or money deposited to Paypal. I have always been satisfied when dealing with them.
Hope this helps.
Diane

Thanks so much for the reply and sharing the info. I reply appreciate it Diane;)

Hi there,

If I want to sell one of my simple Cartier necklace or bracelet (single diamond), what would be a safe way to do that? Does Cartier buy back? I have never sold any jewelry online before, so wanted to ask you. it's not a substantial amount, but still, I don't want to be scammed or lose considerable money.

I've had good experiences with Yoogi's Closet. They've handled some Tiffany and Cartier pieces for me. Pretty smooth overall, you can submit photos and details on their website and they give you a quote via email. They pay for shipping and pay promptly. HTH!

Ive never sold any jewellery but Ive seen in the windows of stores that sell secondhand watches like Cresus, Collection L'heure some Cartier Jewellery, you can contact them on their website if you don't have such a store near by.

If you want to get the most bang for your buck, sell on eBay. Estate jewelers will charge a pretty hefty markup for paying cash for your jewelry. I recently sold a love cuff for 3500 on eBay and when taken to two nice jewelry stores in a very wealthy town, i was only offered 2000.

Reactions: cherrykiwi
If you want to get the most bang for your buck, sell on eBay. Estate jewelers will charge a pretty hefty markup for paying cash for your jewelry. I recently sold a love cuff for 3500 on eBay and when taken to two nice jewelry stores in a very wealthy town, i was only offered 2000.

I agree. eBay is the way to go, you will get the most for it.

I bought my wife a Love bracelet about 6 or 7 years ago. She stopped wearing it about a year ago because a bump had formed on her wrist that she insists was from the constant wearing of the bracelet, sleeping on it, etc.

Last month we purchased the new thin LB because it’s easy for her to take off at night. She absolutely loves the convenience and beauty of her new bracelet and now is talking about getting another to stack it with a diamond tennis bracelet in between.

What is the best way that you ladies have sold yours? eBay still seems like a bunch of scammers, Craigslist brings out a massive amount of low ballers. Just asking for your general advice.

We moved since buying it, so don’t have the authenticity doc nor receipt, but I can easily go to midtown and tell them that I need a copy of the receipt for insurance.

Harder than you think. For the yellow gold classics, new screw system, you're not likely to net much more than $4K. You might be able to sell on eBay for 4800, but after fees (10% eBay, 3% PayPal) and shipping it insured properly, you're looking at like 4200. Jewelers will usually pay less.

Harder than you think. For the yellow gold classics, new screw system, you're not likely to net much more than $4K. You might be able to sell on eBay for 4800, but after fees (10% eBay, 3% PayPal) and shipping it insured properly, you're looking at like 4200. Jewelers will usually pay less.
Are you any more likely to get more for the old screw stystem? Or is it less? Just curious as I have an old screw system that is too big for me. Still debating selling or saving for one of my kids later. Thanks!

I'm wondering if this is an item that is a lot less appealing for buyers to get on resale due to the fact that it's designed to be worn 24/7 and therefore will show significantly more wear than many other pre-loved luxury items. Most of the love bracelets on The Real Real for example are listed as "good" rather than "very good" condition. And they do look pretty scratched up.