graduation gift help.

cherry pie

Jan 13, 2007
hello all,
i usually post in the LV forum but lurk here and drool over your fab bags. a very close friend is graduating from university this summer and i want to buy her a cute little hermes gift. do hermes make book marks or pencil cases or anything of that sort? any idea on prices?
(shes 24 and is graduating, and starting her pre registration work as a pharmacist, and is very girly but classic)
thank you!

Hmmm. If your friend is really bookish then one of the leather bookmarks might make a charming gift. H do pencils covered in plaited leather but I've never been sure how you are supposed to sharpen them! Also the Ulysees notebooks are amazingly good value considering the cost of their other leather goods - and might travel with your friend in her professional life for many years too.

attachment.php

Here is CobaltBlu's yummy violet Picolo pen case in Chevre; this was what I was thinking of. They are quite pricy - about 400 UK pounds, would that be about 800 dollars?

Another suggestion would be the 'good luck' purse charm - a lucky horse shoe, leather on a silver chain, I think they are about 300 dollars, might be one on the website.

I've been giving Ulysse mini agendas for graduation gifts - they come in lots of colors though I have been picking BJ for the gifts and are very useful whether going to college or to first jobs.
The mini is $135 & the refill is $25. Adding an animal or carmencita bookmark is a great addition too.
The slightly larger PM Ulysse cover is $165 with refills running $40.

attachment.php

Here is CobaltBlu's yummy violet Picolo pen case in Chevre; this was what I was thinking of. They are quite pricy - about 400 UK pounds, would that be about 800 dollars?

Another suggestion would be the 'good luck' purse charm - a lucky horse shoe, leather on a silver chain, I think they are about 300 dollars, might be one on the website.
The piccolo is $405 U.S.

Cherry Pie, what a thoughtful friend you are!!!

The pencil case is wonderful, I love it...it comes in a lot of colors as well.

I also agree about the ulyssee....it comes in three sizes, and there are a variety of inserts for the medium sized one....plain paper, colored paper, photo album, even a travel insert with tabs and three envelope pages...

A girly gift might be a pouchette, a small scarf, she could wear it as a scarf or tie it on her bag for a fun pop of color..They are 110$ Heres one from Hermes.com

892249s01.jpg

Another idea is to look at the boutique to see if they have any fragrance sets available...some of these even include a pouchette, travel bag, or twilly!!! I just got one for DH for $80!! It had a canvas bag and three fragrances! YAY!

Whatever you do chose, be sure to ask your SA for fragrance samples and put a few in the box!

Good luck!