TPF lawyers and lawyers-to-be, post here!

Blair Waldorf

Aug 15, 2006
I've noticed a ton of lawyers and law students and soon-to-be law students all over tPF, so I thought I'd open a thread. Post questions, thoughts, etc. here! I'll start. By way of introduction, I'm 21, and a 0L (soon-to-be 1L).

So I have questions:

To law school grads - what're you doing now and how did you get there?
Do you have kids? How do you balance career and family life? This is a BIG concern for me as my mom is a SAHM and I feel I've really benefited from all her love and attention.

I am working toward applying to the Universty of Michigan to finish my degree in Poli Sci then I am going to law school :nuts:,
I hate when I tell people I am going to be lawyer and they make some silly remark about lawyers ,I am so happy to see other that want to become lawyers:yahoo::yahoo:
It has been my life long dream to be a lawyer

Oh, god, I know. People say the stupidest sh!t when they find out you want to go into law. "Oh, another lawyer, that's just who we need in this world," "Oh, you want to cheat people out of money, huh?" etc. I think most of them are just jealous, tbqh.

Oye. Just graduated law school and am currently studying for the bar exam. I will write more tomorrow when I am more clear-headed, and I don't want to come off as too negative, BUT- here goes....

I STRONGLY caution those of you in the process of applying to reconsider this. As for myself (and a good 85% of fellow law students and graduates that I've spoken to recently) I can honestly say that it was far and away the biggest mistake of my life. I would do ANYTHING to take it back, but I can't do that, and I'm not sure where that leaves me...

As I said I will write more later. But for now, I would be a fool not to tell you to reconsider. There's a big world out there and a lot of worthwhile careers for a smart young woman- law is not one of them.

Oye. Just graduated law school and am currently studying for the bar exam. I will write more tomorrow when I am more clear-headed, and I don't want to come off as too negative, BUT- here goes....

I STRONGLY caution those of you in the process of applying to reconsider this. As for myself (and a good 85% of fellow law students and graduates that I've spoken to recently) I can honestly say that it was far and away the biggest mistake of my life. I would do ANYTHING to take it back, but I can't do that, and I'm not sure where that leaves me...

As I said I will write more later. But for now, I would be a fool not to tell you to reconsider. There's a big world out there and a lot of worthwhile careers for a smart young woman- law is not one of them.

...ROFL.

:hs: Ok, not really sure what this smiley has to do with anything, but I just noticed we got two new smilies!

ugh, I've been feeling like this a lot lately. I'm going into my last year and I still feel like I have no idea what I'm doing with my life.

Do you need one lined up yet? You're still in school for another year, right?

I do have another year, so I don't need one yet, but it would be nice not to have to worry about it. I've never had a "real" job before because I went straight from HS to college to law school, which I think is causing some of my anxiety.