opinions on muse right now...

Hi ladies!

I already have a white oversize muse and want to get a black one for work, but I have a few reservations...

Do you guys think it's still worth it to get another muse right now? Is it more of an ex-"It" bag or do you think it's classic and worthy of your investment? Should I save my $ for the newer bags?

Thanks for your help!!!

I have an ivory Muse and I think it's a classic. I mean yes, it is an "ex it bag" as you put it but I don't think that negates the fact that it is a classic bag.

I tend to purchase classic bags rather than "IT" bags as the "It" bag is forever changing. Who can keep up with that unless you're a multi millionair?

i think the muse wave has passed but that doesn't change the fact that it's a classic bag. i think the mombasa is classic as well, but it also has an element of trendiness to it with the handle. the muse on the other hand has very classic details - the lock doesn't seem trendy at all.

i guess at the end of the day, if you love the muse, then buy the black one as well - especially if there isn't anything out there right now that's catching your eye!

I just purchased the ivory large and I want the black large. I would love to get a downtown and will in the near future but my preference is to wait until its not so it! Also, I love the simplicity of the Muse. I am so sick of seeing these trendy bags with so much garbage on them which in my opinion will date them quicker than anything. JMHO

For me, I think Muse is a real classic piece. It's simple yet stylish and elegant. I agree that right now it's probably an ex-it bag, but i think one should really love a bag for itself and not for its 'it' status..But then again, that's me :P

I'd say if you love it, get one!

I will wait, after this month sale, the new bags will keep cont. introduce from different brands, u will always find something u want and like each seaons don't worry

The Muse is one of those bags that will be a classic, it seems to show up each season in the YSL lineup. The lines are classic and it will go with anything. I think with the diversity of bags these days, it's getting harder and harder to define an 'it' bag. Women are leaning toward buying qualilty and what they really like.

thanks guys! i think i'm gonna wait for another month to see all the new fall bags, if there's nothing i like then i'll definitely be getting another muse - i agree it's a very classic bag that i would keep carrying for years. ;)