Rebecca Minkoff Fakes, Knockoffs, Insired by, Etc..

You probably won't be happy with the knockoff quality. Why not hang around the RM Shopping thread and look for a sale? I've gotten my RMs on sale, and checking ebay doesn't hurt either. You'll be happier with an authentic one. JMO
Poshmark has great prices on gently used and even some new ones! I got mine on there for $55 and it's authentic. Used and in good condition but authentic and still a great deal!

The "Love Letter Satchel" knockoff I saw at the mall today ;(
87a09fee.jpg
If you don't mind me asking, how can you tell if it's a knockoff other than the feel of the leather or the stitching? Thanks!

If you don't mind me asking, how can you tell if it's a knockoff other than the feel of the leather or the stitching? Thanks!
Knock off here just means a copycat version made by some other brand or a company like Target or Forever21. RM doesn't really have fakes because it's not worth it at the price point when you can make a killing faking Chanel or Dior. But you'll see lots of knock offs at TJ Maxx and other places. I myself was introduced to RM through a F21 "5-zip", haha.

Reactions: Storm702
Knock off here just means a copycat version made by some other brand or a company like Target or Forever21. RM doesn't really have fakes because it's not worth it at the price point when you can make a killing faking Chanel or Dior. But you'll see lots of knock offs at TJ Maxx and other places. I myself was introduced to RM through a F21 "5-zip", haha.

Yes RM doesn't have many fakes but I would be aware of sites like AliExpress or other Asian sites where they have sold knockoff MACs and Morning After Bags that are F21 quality. I think it's posted in this topic somewhere.

I know brands like Steve Madden, Nine West and Urban Expressions have knocked off RM. You can find their trash at off-discount stores like TJ Maxx or Nordstrom Rack.

And FYI, Coach, Kate Spade, and Michael by Michael Kors are around the same price range as RM but they also have many, many fakes and copycats that have sold fairly well. Especially Coach. I've seen so many women carrying fake Coach that it made me lose interest in the brand.

Could anyone help me spot a fake Rebecca Minkoff mini Avery tote? I'm looking to buy one off of poshmark and want to ask the seller for pictures of certain things on the bag to make sure it's real. What should I ask to see besides the tags and duster bag? What should I be looking out for? Thanks!

I’m no expert but the outside looks fine. Maybe someone else can chim in...That black and white lining is a real RM pattern but I can’t tell what’s going on with the blue part in the lining. Hopefully you’re ok...I don’t really know how many fakes are out there. It’s just sort of weird half the photos are stock photos and the real bag is poor quality pictures.

I just recently started buying RM and I have really poured over all these old threads before buying preloaded. I’ve found them super helpful. Unfortunately these RM threads have been really quiet. I’ve actually bought quite a few bags in the past months.

Post pics,when you get it! If you do think it’s fake when it comes, you can always open a case with eBay.

Reactions: Antigone