Do I have the right to be annoyed/peeved?

I also don't think you are overreacting..its your right..you're the girlfriend and what you are feeling is normal. And for her to bad mouth you is not cool..she is so obvious when it comes to her true feelings towards your boyfriend. What would he do if you had a guy friend and spent alot of time with? What do you think he'd do?

I don't think you are over-reacting. The relationship he has with Cindy should come second to the relationship he has with you. You have a right to be respected - it does not seem he is doing that.

Thanks everyone. I talked to him about it. He has this "not thing again" kind of tone to begin with. I just said, you know what, things can change, I can get a little less 'clingy' but you have to stop giving me reasons to get upset with you. Things like this is so stupid and how could it slip your mind? That you were 'wrapping up and about to head over to my place' and then she called?

I mean, I am not too upset anymore because they rarely see each other. Like once every 2 months to catch up, but still...

I think its ok to be upset as to me i would think that would be a set plan! from what you said when you discussed about getting back together..he sounds like hes totally in love with you! Men don't think sometimes and they don't understand why you get all upset.. to them its over something stupid! :cursing:

Mags,

She's not always in the picture and that's why I don't want to blow up at him so soon. I just feel because we're working on our relationship that now that we are together but being more independent he doesn't feel obligated to give me that kind of time. Especially when HE WAS the one who suggested it. It's like, i'm too tired to stop by but i'll make time and go for coffee with just a friend.

Erm i think that is a problem... i'm glad cindy isn't around him all the time but he said he missed you and wanted to see you and he just disappeared? least he could have done was to call and say, hey i said i was going to swing by but change of plans....

maybe you don't need to make a big deal out of it but say something about letting you know about a change in plans and talk about why he decided to skip out on seeing you and having coffee with cindy instead.... it's somewhat strange and sligihtly disturbing.

I'd be very bothered by a best friend who kept on telling my SO to leave me ....

[/b]

Erm i think that is a problem... i'm glad cindy isn't around him all the time but he said he missed you and wanted to see you and he just disappeared? least he could have done was to call and say, hey i said i was going to swing by but change of plans....

maybe you don't need to make a big deal out of it but say something about letting you know about a change in plans and talk about why he decided to skip out on seeing you and having coffee with cindy instead.... it's somewhat strange and sligihtly disturbing.

I'd be very bothered by a best friend who kept on telling my SO to leave me ....

Yeah, he just had a 'man moment' so he says. He thought because it was already 10.30 he thought i'd already been a asleep and Cindy called him in 'really rough shape'.

But he did take responsibility and he surprised me at work today with desert. Which he's never done before when I would have one of these moments where I thought something was a big deal and he didn't. So, I believe that he's genuinely sorry.

Yeah, he just had a 'man moment' so he says. He thought because it was already 10.30 he thought i'd already been a asleep and Cindy called him in 'really rough shape'.

But he did take responsibility and he surprised me at work today with desert. Which he's never done before when I would have one of these moments where I thought something was a big deal and he didn't. So, I believe that he's genuinely sorry.

OK he sounds sorry =) i'm glad he's taking your feelings into account and recognizing that he may think it's not a big deal but it is to you and valuing the very fact that it's a big deal to you. HOpe things go well from here =)

Thanks everyone. I talked to him about it. He has this "not thing again" kind of tone to begin with. I just said, you know what, things can change, I can get a little less 'clingy' but you have to stop giving me reasons to get upset with you. Things like this is so stupid and how could it slip your mind? That you were 'wrapping up and about to head over to my place' and then she called?

I mean, I am not too upset anymore because they rarely see each other. Like once every 2 months to catch up, but still...

i am happy he did feel sorry and surprised you nicely ... the things u said are SO right ! :tup:Hopefully it did get through to him and he doesnt do it to stop you talking about it.:yes:

it never ceases to amaze me how men all over the world have been trying to pull the " i didnt think" excuse on women for ages ...i always reply - "well then get a grip and start thinking - believe it or not that`s what you have your brain for ! "