Need Advice on Moving with LV Collection

loopylorns

Jan 4, 2007
Well I feel a little sad at the minuite, having left 2 of my bags with my mum last week in the UK.

I wont be reunited for just under 3 weeks and am missing my riveting pouchette.

I am moving back to the Uk on the 18th of June and having a nightmare figuring out how I am going to get all my bags home (have got alot more since living here).

There is NO way I can put them on the ship with my furniture, imagine if they got damaged:wtf:, the worst to transport is going to be the azur pamp which I confess I have never taken out of box except to photograph.

Might just have to cough up for some extra baggage but even then not sure if I would be allowed extra hand luggage and deffo not putting my entire collection in the hold.

Has anyone ever had to do this?

i would suggest shipping them back one by one...with insurance, global priority shipping etc...or pack them in your suitcase and then box your clothes for them to be shipped!

You can get extra carry-on luggage, you just have to pay extra and it can't exceed a certain weight.

Srgh thank you jellybebe I did wonder.

Of course I will do the normal things like the kids all carry one hehe butn just dont want to let them out of my sight!

When we moved here out container had a small leak in it and sea water got onto our stuff so deffo cant take that risk as some are no longer available to buy.

Will look into more hand luggage.

Thank you xx

I took ALL of my handbags and put them into a carryon suitcase when I moved from the USA to Germany, that way I knew that they would be safe and that nobody would be able to steal them!

I took ALL of my handbags and put them into a carryon suitcase when I moved from the USA to Germany, that way I knew that they would be safe and that nobody would be able to steal them!

I would do that too only prob is I have alot of bags and the pamp is huge in itself let alone all my others.

When I moved here we put bags inside bags etc, the girls carried one each and I just about managed but living so close to the LV store plus you enablers means I have stacks more! hehe.

hey all!! i need your help!!! my DH is in the military and we are relocating in a couple of months.. this is a big move for us! we are currently in Guam and will be moving to San Diego. We are having movers pack up all our stuff next month since it'll take a month to get there. I really don't want to have any of my LV bags with our household goods only because I've heard a lot of stories about valuables getting stolen and mold issues in LV's when they've been stored for a while! i am thinking of mailing some of them a week before we leave with registered mail so they wont be boxed up too long...?

now my question is.. how should i pack them??? and also, i wanted to take my artsy as my hand carry bag. has anyone ever traveled with more than one LV? i wanted to take all my slg's and eva inside my artsy when i travel but i don't know if im allowed to or don't know how customs will be like in Hawaii and Cali. from Guam we have a lay over at Honolulu then to LAX then SD. i want to bring as much LV as i can. can i?? can i even put some in my carry on luggage like my other bags? i have all my receipts with me. Please help me out.. i've never traveled/relocated this far especially with all my belongings. any advice is greatly appreciated. TIA! :smile:

Welcome to San Diego!!! You will love it here, it was 80 and sunny today!! ;)
As long as you have your receipts customs shouldn't bother you..
As to how to ship them, not sure what post service they have there but I would ship it equivalent to US priority mail with INSURANCE..
Good luck on your move!

Welcome to San Diego!!! You will love it here, it was 80 and sunny today!! ;)
As long as you have your receipts customs shouldn't bother you..
As to how to ship them, not sure what post service they have there but I would ship it equivalent to US priority mail with INSURANCE..
Good luck on your move!

thank you! i can't wait to get out there!! i'm so excited!!!! :biggrin:
i was gonna ship them through usps and get whatever service they have with insurance and signature when received. i just wasn't sure with traveling with them.. i want to take most of them with me so i know their safe but don't know how customs would be like.. :smile:

thank you! i can't wait to get out there!! i'm so excited!!!! :biggrin:
i was gonna ship them through usps and get whatever service they have with insurance and signature when received. i just wasn't sure with traveling with them.. i want to take most of them with me so i know their safe but don't know how customs would be like.. :smile:
I go to Mexico on vacation a lot and customs have never questioned my bags. I normally take about 3 at a time with me.. Again if you have the receipts you should be fine.. I would print out the picture with the name of the bag off the LV site so they can look at your receipt and match up the bags you have with the receipt by the picture because I can guarantee a custom agent isn't going to know what a "Artsy" is.. :roflmfao: