Door Ding - am I overreacting.

Any recommendations for verbage on the note?

So far I have

Hi, my name is Lisa. You parked next to me this morning and inadvertantly dinged/dented my door. I have only had my car for 2 weeks and don't even have plates yet. Please call me so we can exchange insurance information.
Thanks, Lisa

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Don't forget to get his lisence plate down too! If he's a real ass then just claim it. If you have a camera on your phone take a picture of proof of HOW close he's to you.

So true. My dad parks slanted and on the line so it makes HIM look like a bad driver so no one wants to park next to him :P

Sadly parking spaces are at a premium here so that wouldn't stop people from parking next to me. DH has gotten a parking ticket for taking up more than one space with his car while at the Zoo of all places. It was 16 dollars and in his opinion worth it. I just don't want to be the jack@ss that does that right in front of one of the entrances. I will probably straddle two spots when parking in the boofoo parking lot.

Any recommendations for verbage on the note?

So far I have

Hi, my name is Lisa. You parked next to me this morning and inadvertantly dinged/dented my door. I have only had my car for 2 weeks and don't even have plates yet. Please call me so we can exchange insurance information.
Thanks, Lisa

xxx-xxx-xxxx

When I read this post i thought it said Dior Ding! :nuts:

Anyway, sorry this happend and i think your note sounds perfect. if you have a camera on your phone i would take pics as well.

so sorry, my husband is always coming home with dings from his parking garage. they try to pack so many cars in the underground lot...its impossible for anyone to park straight.

for some reason new cars attract dings like a magnet.

we have used the dent/ding removal service. they did a nice job.

Don't forget to get his lisence plate down too! If he's a real ass then just claim it. If you have a camera on your phone take a picture of proof of HOW close he's to you.

Thanks sheishollywood -

I took down the information of his car (make/model/color/license plate) and took photos of the parking space. Luckily a coworker of mine brought his digital camera.

so sorry, my husband is always coming home with dings from his parking garage. they try to pack so many cars in the underground lot...its impossible for anyone to park straight.

for some reason new cars attract dings like a magnet.

we have used the dent/ding removal service. they did a nice job.

How much was it?

Thanks sheishollywood -

I took down the information of his car (make/model/color/license plate) and took photos of the parking space. Luckily a coworker of mine brought his digital camera.

Not a problem!

I remember when someone backed into my old car and because I was a new driver tried to manipulate the situation as if I was wrong for having my car stand still while she tried to back up. Let's just say she didn't like the fact that a new driver knew more than she did :P

I hope you can get this issue resolved smoothly. The worst is someone who did something wrong and can't fess up!

my husband had some small dings removed from the door, and then his bumper had a scrape. i think it was around $300...i think the bulk of the money was to remove the scrape on the bumper..it was down to the metal.

my husband had some small dings removed from the door, and then his bumper had a scrape. i think it was around $300...i think the bulk of the money was to remove the scrape on the bumper..it was down to the metal.

My GOODNESS! :wtf: I hope it doesn't cost that much. I really hope it will be under $100. I should probably call a few places now so that if the person contacts me I can quote prices.

Update: I left the note on the person's car and called around different body shops. Looks like the minimum price to fix is $100-150. UGH I can just see the person refusing to pay that much over such a small ding.

absolutely leave a note. what's his problem that he had to park so close?!?!

it's such a shame that u don't even have the plates and he's already dingeed ur door. ARGH so frustrating!!

Sorry to hear about it!