Her parents should be tossed into jail [vid]

omg im so glad she is losing weight and getting better!!

i don't understand how parents let their kids get like this!
a medical condition is possible but WHY didn't her parents do everything they could to find out what was going on with her!

this kind of thing is why i am so picky about of what i let my daughter eat! there are so many over weight kids today, it is sad.

I don't know what to say...as the parent of a 7 yo of normal height-weight I'm so sad when I see this little girl's video and I'm happy to know she is better now. One of the pleasures I have in seeing little kids is that they are energetic - they run, jump around and have so much fun doing it! (It sometimes makes me envious as an adult as I occasionally do not have the energy my kid has!)

I think this little girls parents could have done a lot better than taking her to Maury at 3. It feels to me that they just wanted free publicity. Maybe it would have been better if the parents had used that time and effort to find a good doctor who may have solved her problems before they went too far. Imagine having to suffer leg / bone problems because of weight?

Just so awful - how can this happen

Unfortunately in America, this sh*t happens and I will tell you why I think it happens....

For one thing, many people do not have HEALTH INSURANCE. In fact, 30 precent of the population does not right now. The amount of tests required to determine what was really wrong with this child probably cost thousands upon thousands of dollars. If you watch the footage, the family does not seem very wealthy. I am sure that in addition to no financial resources, there was just a lack of education and fear, that ultimately led to this child's medical needs being neglected.

Maybe I am reading way too much into this, but this little girl's story is but the tip of the iceberg. There are many people in our country right now who have health problems that are not being addressed because they cannot afford it.

Meanwhile we spend billions in Iraq each month.

What's wrong with this picture???