GUCCI repair FAQs and Help

Hi. I have a beautiful light gray Gucci signature embossed handbag. It is missing a couple of rivets. I sent it to Gucci repair along with another Gucci handbag (same style but not leather). Both handbags have the exact same rivets. Gucci repair the canvas handbag but not the leather handbag. Don't know why. Where can I get Gucci rivets. I have the tools to repair it myself. Any help or info is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Lisa

Does anyone know the cost for repairing a zipper? Also any advice on cleaning a monogram bag that has colour transfer from denim?
Depending on where you live, a good leather or fur cleaner would have the tools to clean the bag. In Vancouver, there is a cleaning company that Gucci recommends for cleaning their bags, I am pretty sure that if you call the store in your area they should have one too. To my knowledge these places are very successful with colour transfer removal. Good luck!

I have a flat GG Supreme Canvas messenger bag with fabric shoulder strap. The strap looks fine now, but I can Imagine after some time of use the fabric strap will probably look a bit "splintered" and flimsy. Do someone know if it's possible to send the bag to GUCCI and get the shoulder strap replaced with a new one? -Or if my local GUCCI store will do it for me?
Louis vuitton has this service, and every part of the bag can be changed and replaced. I'm not sure about Gucci though..

I have a flat GG Supreme Canvas messenger bag with fabric shoulder strap. The strap looks fine now, but I can Imagine after some time of use the fabric strap will probably look a bit "splintered" and flimsy. Do someone know if it's possible to send the bag to GUCCI and get the shoulder strap replaced with a new one? -Or if my local GUCCI store will do it for me?
Louis vuitton has this service, and every part of the bag can be changed and replaced. I'm not sure about Gucci though..

I got a replacement leather strap for a leather bag a while ago and also had the stitching re-done on a leather strap on a vintage canvas bag very recently. I don't know if it's the same for a canvas strap, you'll have to ask Gucci CS directly, I should think you can get most things if you pay for them.

BTW, LV is not always so amenable, although they never said no to replacing the casters on my suitcase they made it so prohibitively expensive (as expensive as the case) of course no one in their right mind would have it done.

I got a replacement leather strap for a leather bag a while ago and also had the stitching re-done on a leather strap on a vintage canvas bag very recently. I don't know if it's the same for a canvas strap, you'll have to ask Gucci CS directly, I should think you can get most things if you pay for them.

BTW, LV is not always so amenable, although they never said no to replacing the casters on my suitcase they made it so prohibitively expensive (as expensive as the case) of course no one in their right mind would have it done.
Ok, thanks. It would be pitty if they wouldn't do it, because the coated canvas will probably look great after some years, while the strap will look worn.

Ok, thanks. It would be pitty if they wouldn't do it, because the coated canvas will probably look great after some years, while the strap will look worn.

I don't see why they wouldn't. After all, they replace canvas straps for belts (so long as the original buckle and strap is given)

Good luck Dorf, please let us know the outcome, very interesting for all.

BTW, you must be a very good customer by now. Do you have an SA who looks after you personally? It helps many things to have someone you have a good relationship with ask for you, special favour or routine request.

I don't see why they wouldn't. After all, they replace canvas straps for belts (so long as the original buckle and strap is given)

Good luck Dorf, please let us know the outcome, very interesting for all.

BTW, you must be a very good customer by now. Do you have an SA who looks after you personally? It helps many things to have someone you have a good relationship with ask for you, special favour or routine request.
Hello. I visited my local Gucci store today just to ask, and yes, they will send the bag to Italy so the strap can be replaced. No problem. Good to know, but it could take up to 3 month before the bag return! They do all kind of repairs and replacement of straps handles etc. At this moment the strap still looks ok, but it is nice to know that they can replace it when the time comes :smile:

Hello. I visited my local Gucci store today just to ask, and yes, they will send the bag to Italy so the strap can be replaced. No problem. Good to know, but it could take up to 3 month before the bag return! They do all kind of repairs and replacement of straps handles etc. At this moment the strap still looks ok, but it is nice to know that they can replace it when the time comes :smile:

:tup:

This is completely normal :cool:

Is it true Gucci won't repair a bag if it's been repaired somewhere else? I (stupidly)took a vintage boston bag to a tailors years ago to have the straps resewn and the guy cut off the handles and put new ones on that don't match or go with the bag. I still have the original handles that he cut off.
I really love this bag and want to be able to use it.

To whom it may concern

I bought this Gucci bag back in the late 1990's
Would you please authenticate it for me
I bought it at the ATLANTIS RESORT IN NASSAU BAHAMAS
I have NEVER seen another one like it

THANK YOU. Trish :P

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    973.2 KB · Views: 1,587
I have some jean stains on my canvas bag and I've tried oxycleaning it but it doesn't come out, are there any other solutions?

I would start and new thread in the general forum to ask http://forum.purseblog.com/handbag-care-and-maintenance/

Is it true Gucci won't repair a bag if it's been repaired somewhere else? I (stupidly)took a vintage boston bag to a tailors years ago to have the straps resewn and the guy cut off the handles and put new ones on that don't match or go with the bag. I still have the original handles that he cut off.
I really love this bag and want to be able to use it.

:yes: afraid so

It won't let me, it says not enough privilege or something.

Ah, yes, sorry I didn't see you're so new. Welcome to tPF and especially Gucci forum.

You just need to post a few more times. Look in the Gucci forum and join in, commenting on a few things and then you'll be able to start a new thread ;)

Check other threads in the maintenance forum too with search, someone may have had the same problem before