Rebecca Minkoff Fakes, Knockoffs, Insired by, Etc..

the most obvious things to tell a fake bag from a real bag are the color and the 'leather' material as the 'leather' is supposed to be sent from outside. you can see the color but it's very diff to tell the 'leather' from the photos. the price difference between a fake bag and a real bag has become very small. so, why not get it from the authorized retailers? i don't know anything about the tax etc as i don't have to pay that. perhaps a friend or a forwarding company can help ship the bag to you from the States so that you can skip the tax? i'm not sure about this one. :shrugs:

the most obvious things to tell a fake bag from a real bag are the color and the 'leather' material as the 'leather' is supposed to be sent from outside. you can see the color but it's very diff to tell the 'leather' from the photos. the price difference between a fake bag and a real bag has become very small. so, why not get it from the authorized retailers? i don't know anything about the tax etc as i don't have to pay that. perhaps a friend or a forwarding company can help ship the bag to you from the States so that you can skip the tax? i'm not sure about this one. :shrugs:

For the price differences, that is so true. I find it ridiculous whenever I see some other people selling fakes and selling it for a price that is quite almost the same as buying the Original one. Surprisingly, others buy that.

Regarding Buying a New One:
As for me,.. the tax on buying a brand new one in my location is about 10% of the item's price. It is quite large since buying a brand new bag can be significantly higher than buying a gently used bag. And buying a used bag on some websites actually, does not require me to pay taxes. It really saves. I can buy 3 to 4 gently used bags for a price of 1 new bag. Ahehehe :yes:

Also, although RM Bags go on Sale' it was really unfortunate for me because the styles that I really like are either not part of that Sales Event or is Out of Stock. Other buyers are just so quick!

I also put into consideration the style and quality. It's not just about saving money, it's also what style do I think I will be wearing the most. :biggrin:

a couple of months ago i saw a seller based in the States selling a fake MAM. i wonder where the seller got the fake. it's possible that the seller bought it from taobao or aliexpress and sold it on eBay as a real RM bag. the photos were intentionally made blurry to cheat other people. it's very irritating. :yucky:

For the price differences, that is so true. I find it ridiculous whenever I see some other people selling fakes and selling it for a price that is quite almost the same as buying the Original one. Surprisingly, others buy that.

this. I wouldn't risk buying a fake bag if I knew there were fakes out there of that style, yet some people do it to save what, $30? $20? such small amounts, is it worth it? I guess it is if they never find out its fake & enjoy it but for me I need to be certain

I would never intentionally purchase an unauthentic bag. I have a huge MK collection and I know them inside and out. I am new to RM...so just learning the signs and tells. I usually buy direct from the MK store or website as they ship within Canada so none of the extra fees. RM seems harder to find here. I sometimes will buy a bag on my local site (bst site) if I see a great deal on a bag and then go check it out in person.....which is what I did with my first RM....and it seemed legit. As stated before I have now heard the fakes are SO good they are hard to tell from the real ones....so it had me second guessing myself......I would love to order directly from RM but with the added fees I pay not to mention the dollar exchange rate, it's not a very good deal for me. Seems my best bet is to wait until I travel to the US and buy all the bags my heart desires lol ;)

this. I wouldn't risk buying a fake bag if I knew there were fakes out there of that style, yet some people do it to save what, $30? $20? such small amounts, is it worth it? I guess it is if they never find out its fake & enjoy it but for me I need to be certain

Some buyers are even aware of it being fake. Ops,.. I think the ones that I've seen are the inspired bags. Most of the inspired bags costs less than $30 i think. But nah,' I can find some better deals than that. I saw several Authentic RM bags that's sold around $40.

It's always better to have the authentic. :cool:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-rebecca...292?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c544188cc

I am not interested to buy this bag. But just to share, anyone suspect this is a fake?

1. the stitched tassel like old style mini MAC contrast with the side loop which is the current style,
2. the inside leather tag

But it comes with the price tag and the plastic even has the bar code.

KaseyHK, what do you think?
the bag in the photos is authentic. in recent years, RM produce their mini bags with some minor changes - the interior slip pocket, the plastic/ leather plate inside the bag, the metal plate outside the bag, the horizontal panel at the back... these inconsistencies are confusing, i know.

the bag in the photos is authentic. in recent years, RM produce their mini bags with some minor changes - the interior slip pocket, the plastic/ leather plate inside the bag, the metal plate outside the bag, the horizontal panel at the back... these inconsistencies are confusing, i know.
Kasey, where would we be without you? :hugs:

Has anyone seen this print/design anywhere? There is some doubt that it is not authentic maybe because I can't find it anywhere online not even google images. I just bought it on poshmark so I don't know what the lining is just yet. The only thing "odd" from the outside is it doesn't have studs at the shoulder strap although I know not all RM bags aren't consistent on every detail. So idk?? I'm sorry if this is an obvious or dumb question I guess I just need some reassurance bc I've never bought off of poshmark before

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 582
Last edited:
Has anyone seen this print/design anywhere? There is some doubt that it is not authentic maybe because I can't find it anywhere online not even google images. I just bought it on poshmark so I don't know what the lining is just yet. The only thing "odd" from the outside is it doesn't have studs at the shoulder strap although I know not all RM bags aren't consistent on every detail. So idk?? I'm sorry if this is an obvious or dumb question I guess I just need some reassurance bc I've never bought off of poshmark before
I've seen this before last year on RM.com. I believe it's a special edition. :smile: Congrats!

Last edited:
I couldn't find the mini mac page of this print but here's the one for the tote :smile: Same print.

http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/rebecca-minkoff-m.a.b.-mini-tote-504151090.html