Authenticate This! jewelry or Seller!

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=151686895628

Hi ladies, I have been dreaming of owning a Cartier Love bracelet for years now and finally am giving the opportunity to own one. Truthfully I am only able to afford a plain love (still debating over rose or yellow gold at the moment) as spending any more than that is out of budget. However I came across this listing on eBay earlier today and it would be awesome to own this bracelet as I can have the diamonds while paying just a tad more than retail price for the plain love. But I can't seem to find a "6 diamond" love bracelet on the actual Cartier website nor did I see it in person when I was at the boutique.. What are your thoughts on this bracelet? Authentic or should I pass and go get my plain love from the boutique?
There was definitely a 6 stone version. These are so difficult to authenticate from images as the fakes are quite sophisticated. I would take it to Cartier.

Hi everyone! My mother purchased this secondhand for me the other day and I'm not sure if it's a real Tiffany & Co piece. I've tried looking up info and found some ebay listings for it but none of them match with mine 100% so I'm a bit worried since she spent a lot on it.

It's an 18k white gold T&Co atlas diamond bar necklace. Mine is 6.7 grams total but the ones I found were around 3.6grams only. =\ I noticed the stamps (and location) are all different as well. Even the clasp is a tad different. Can someone help me out? I've never owned a T&Co piece so I have nothing on hand to compare it to.

I've attached 8 photos.
Many of the Atlas items were made in Italy at the turn of the century - perhaps it has something to do with the ROMAN numerals!! ;) This item bears the convention mark for Italy - the 750 in the lozenge.

It doesn't surprise me that it's so much bigger than the more modern versions as gold was particularly cheap at the turn of the century and so designers were able to use more of it. It's no surprise that designers are now concentrating on ultra slim items! I hope this helps!

Posted this in the Cartier Love bracelet thread, but posting here again to get more opinions:

View attachment 3008809View attachment 3008810View attachment 3008811View attachment 3008812View attachment 3008813View attachment 3008814View attachment 3008815

What do you think?

Here is the original ebay link:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/111650352973

I don't know if the seller specializes in reselling cartier or is selling exceptionally well-made fakes. Please help!

Thanks!!
Gosh! A lot of similar items!

These are a nightmare to authenticate. Please take to Cartier.

Hello!

I won a tiffany silver charm bracelet (with the blue enamel gift box soldered on) last week and it finally came today :yahoo: I did ask the seller where the bracelet came from, and if it had other markings. They guarantee that it is authentic and told me this particular set did not have a stamp in the middle link of the bracelet, just on the charm. They do except returns (within 14 days :/) but wanted to get some opinions!

The ebay seller is lipawnshop, and they are a pawn shop. I don't worry to much since most check if the jewelry they are purchasing is real gold, silver, etc.

But want did worry me is that the stamp on the box charm seems "printed" instead of carved in. I do have another box charm (a separate charm), and it's carved with "T & Co. 925" The former is "printed" as "T & Co. AG .925"

Now, I do know that Ag is the symbol for silver, but is this unusual for the enamel box charm?

Here is this listing with pics!

$_1.JPG

$_1.JPG

$_1.JPG

Thank you so much in advance!
I'm concerned about 2 things - the finish doesn't look very good and the colour is very white.

Tiffany silver does not have that glaring white finish. It looks like it might be plated base metal.

Hi, can anyone please help me with this Tiffany's Paloma Picasso Loving Heart ring?
The hearts look rough inside and either I'm not convinced by the other tiffanys the seller is selling or has been sold despite 100%positive feedbacks. Thank you so much.

Tiffany Paloma Picasso Loving Heart Ring

Seller Pechan1

Link: http://www.ebay.it/itm/271881785558?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

For example, the seller also recently sold this: http://www.ebay.it/itm/Tiffany-Co-P...Triple-Loving-Heart-Ring-Size-J-/321700339633
There are no red flags for me here. but i agree the second one looks rough!

Hello everyone !!
I have a quick question regarding Tiffany & Co. velvet ring presentation boxes. Currently when you go to Tiffany and buy and engagement ring you receive a beautiful black velvet ring box which has black satin in the back with the Tiffany & Co. logo in silver ink lettering and black velvet for the ring holder. Well I just found out that older Tiffany & Co velvet ring presentation boxes used to have blue satin in the back with the Tiffany & Co. logo in gold in lettering. I was just wondering if anyone happened to know around what year/years they changed their boxes?
Please let me know and thank you in advance for all the responses !!
Oh god I don't know the exact date but they did change sometime in the mid 2000s I think. I think you have to track down a senior archivist at Tiffany for the answer as the sales staff are not paid to know what they used to sell!

Oh god I don't know the exact date but they did change sometime in the mid 2000s I think. I think you have to track down a senior archivist at Tiffany for the answer as the sales staff are not paid to know what they used to sell!
The reason that I ask is that my mother purchased a wedding band back in 2007 as an anniversary present. The other day when we took it into Tiffany to get it sent in to be resized the sales associate in customer service said something along the lines of "oh this must be an old style because I haven't seen this vintage box in a while". I was a bit taken aback because yes it is a retired style ring but even still I brought in the original purchase receipt incase they had trouble looking it up since their database in store only goes back 5 years. When I got home I looked online at ebay and saw that there were several velvet presentation boxes online for sale but wasn't quite sure how to tell the difference between them besides looking at the inside of the box. Hence why I figured I would post this question here and see if anyone happened to know. Thank you so much again !!

The reason that I ask is that my mother purchased a wedding band back in 2007 as an anniversary present. The other day when we took it into Tiffany to get it sent in to be resized the sales associate in customer service said something along the lines of "oh this must be an old style because I haven't seen this vintage box in a while". I was a bit taken aback because yes it is a retired style ring but even still I brought in the original purchase receipt incase they had trouble looking it up since their database in store only goes back 5 years. When I got home I looked online at ebay and saw that there were several velvet presentation boxes online for sale but wasn't quite sure how to tell the difference between them besides looking at the inside of the box. Hence why I figured I would post this question here and see if anyone happened to know. Thank you so much again !!
Was the sales assistant quite young? 2007 might seem like ages away to a young person!? It's definitely possible that they were still making the gold boxes in 2007.

Was the sales assistant quite young? 2007 might seem like ages away to a young person!? It's definitely possible that they were still making the gold boxes in 2007.
I honestly dont know. I didn't ask how long she had been working there. I did however call the New York Tiffany store today like you had suggested and spoke with a manager in the wedding band department.

He was extremely helpful and said that Tiffany will change their presentation boxes every 5-10 years. Most times it is minimal changes that aren't very noticeable. The example that he gave me was imprinting the letter T on their blue boxes. Other changes that are more noticeable, such as my inquiry of the blue velvet and blue satin with gold lettering on the inside of their ring presentation boxes, could have been done sometime around Tiffany's 175 anniversary year as a sort of celebration and re-vamping. In addition to this he said that the stores were told to use up their old inventory of these presentation boxes prior to the newer boxes; so perhaps the boxes really started changing around 2010 but was not fully implemented until a year or two later (sometime prior to Tiffany's anniversary year) when all the stores only received the new boxes and had completely run out of their older boxes.

I really hope that this information can help someone if they are looking at purchasing a gold or platinum piece of jewelry that might be a few years older.

I honestly dont know. I didn't ask how long she had been working there. I did however call the New York Tiffany store today like you had suggested and spoke with a manager in the wedding band department.

He was extremely helpful and said that Tiffany will change their presentation boxes every 5-10 years. Most times it is minimal changes that aren't very noticeable. The example that he gave me was imprinting the letter T on their blue boxes. Other changes that are more noticeable, such as my inquiry of the blue velvet and blue satin with gold lettering on the inside of their ring presentation boxes, could have been done sometime around Tiffany's 175 anniversary year as a sort of celebration and re-vamping. In addition to this he said that the stores were told to use up their old inventory of these presentation boxes prior to the newer boxes; so perhaps the boxes really started changing around 2010 but was not fully implemented until a year or two later (sometime prior to Tiffany's anniversary year) when all the stores only received the new boxes and had completely run out of their older boxes.

I really hope that this information can help someone if they are looking at purchasing a gold or platinum piece of jewelry that might be a few years older.
It's great that someone at Tiffany & Co helped you out! They can be so guarded and some of them don't really know any history. Thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.