OMG...I can't believe I did this!

Feb 26, 2006
I was visiting Richard Simmons' website, and he is looking for people to be in his next infomercial. He asked people who lost weight on his program to send their story and pictures. Since I lost a substantial amount of weight on FoodMover, I did it. I e-mailed my pictures along with my whole weight-related life story! I can't believe I did that! I was planning on writing Richard Simmons when I reached my goal weight, but now I have a chance to be on TV! It's so weird, because my mom was just telling me that I should write to him today. I am sort of freaking out here! :nuts: Now I have to figure out what I would do if they contact me and ask me to be in the infomercial! I have school responsibilities to think about. Oh man, I can't believe I did it... :wacko:

Hey, my opinion is that your story would be very motivating and inspiring to a lot of those who suffer of overweight. I'd totally go for it, if picked!

Good luck! (And buy earplugs, just in case you do get picked. He'll be excited. He'll shriek and jump around.)

Congratulations! That's quite an accomplishment, and you should be very proud of yourself. (We're proud of you!)

ahhh so thats who Richard Simmons is lol..!!!

Sorry, but over here in the UK, we dont know him, and I always remember the Pheobe line in friends, when Monica told her that Richard called, and she says, Richard Simmons :biggrin:

Glad that was cleared up! Can I just say congratulations to you for sharing your story on his website. I really hope you get picked to go on TV so you can show everybody how fabulous you look.

That's awesome! I will keep my fingers crossed for you. You deserve this! You have done such an amazing job losing weight, and I'm sure you'd be an inspiration to so many people. Heck, you already are. Good luck!

Thanks, everyone! After I clicked "send" and the e-mail was on its way, I was like, "What on Earth did I just do?" :weird: I guess I shouldn't freak out so much. There are probably going to be tons of other people who send pics and stories. The chances of me being the one picked are pretty slim. If I did get picked, the infomercial isn't being shot until November, so there would be plenty of time for me to figure out what to do. I take my classes online, so I could pretty much do my work anywhere there's an Internet connection.
I must admit, there is a part of me that would be tickled pink if I did get to be in the informercial! Besides, I can only assume it's being shot in California. I could be on TV and then go to LV...LOL! :graucho:

First, congratulations on your weightloss. I hope they choose you! It would be great if you, an ordinary person (as opposed to stars) can help motivate other people in reaching their weight goals. I think Richard is a sincere and nice guy, and I am sure meeting him in person will be a memorable experience for you.