Delightful news!

About the Speedy, I have a Speedy 30 DE and when I was shopping in the boutique, carrying my Speedy, it was zipped. The manager, who's also my trusted SA, commented on it, saying I'm such a good " purse owner" for keeping my bag zipped. It definitely preserves the integrity of the bag. Independent of her comment, while shopping at LV while on vacation, I was contemplating Speedy 30. The SA said most important thing if purchasing this model is to keep it zipped. When I looked at Delightful NM in DE, my SA stressed to Always hook the clasp! In the past I was guilty of not " hooking, zipping, etc.", but not anymore. Now I take the extra split second to fasten . There may be some truth to this " tip".

Interesting... Never heard this before.. I learned something new today!
Thank you for sharing. :smile:

Interesting... Never heard this before.. I learned something new today!
Thank you for sharing. :smile:
It's the first I'd heard of it as well and I've been buying LV since 1997. Both times were in boutiques and unsolicited. Very interesting. Leads me to believe maybe this directive is coming from higher ups, to " educate" clients and possibly avoid repairs down the road? Who knows. Anyways, I do fasten these days because I have more time! When my 3 boys were growing up I was constantly on the go and was always in and out of my bag. It was a nuisance to keep zipping/ unzipping, and same for in the car. I was easier to have the bag open in case I needed something. Just thought I'd share what was told to me.

Last edited:
It's the first I'd heard of it as well and I've been buying LV since 1997. Both times were in boutiques and unsolicited. Very interesting. Leads me to believe maybe this directive is coming from higher ups, to " educate" clients and possibly avoid repairs down the road? Who knows. Anyways, I do fasten these days because I have more time! When my 3 boys were growing up I was constantly on the go and was always in and out of my bag. It was a nuisance to keep zipping/ unzipping, and same for in the car. I was easier to have the bag open in case I needed something. Just thought I'd share what was told to me.

Yes I always fasten if there is a clasp and always zip if there is a zipper. I just figured that's why they were there. Lol

This is strange, I think the zipper and clasp(s) are for security hmmmm. I will keep mine closed and clasped from now on too, however I would like to know the reason why this preserves the bags. :thinking:

I have never really been told anything about doing what I do I just do it. I always thought leaving a bag unzipped would ruin the shape of the bag. I even zip and clasp when not carrying and when stored. I would say there are probably a lot of different opinions on what preserves the bag or bag shape. I guess you have to do what you feel is the proper way to take care of your bag.

About the Speedy, I have a Speedy 30 DE and when I was shopping in the boutique, carrying my Speedy, it was zipped. The manager, who's also my trusted SA, commented on it, saying I'm such a good " purse owner" for keeping my bag zipped. It definitely preserves the integrity of the bag. Independent of her comment, while shopping at LV while on vacation, I was contemplating Speedy 30. The SA said most important thing if purchasing this model is to keep it zipped. When I looked at Delightful NM in DE, my SA stressed to Always hook the clasp! In the past I was guilty of not " hooking, zipping, etc.", but not anymore. Now I take the extra split second to fasten . There may be some truth to this " tip".

Thanks so much for that tip.😊 I recently purchased the Delightful and I never hook the clasp, I will definitely be keeping it hooked from now on.

Can anyone please confirm if you think that the canvas is stiff and really thin. I went to the store yesterday to see how the NM DA Pm would look on me but I was so disappointed on how it looks on me. Love the pink lining but it feels really stiff and thin compares to my old model. It may also be the reason for cracking. I'm now leaning more towards turenne or neverfull if I ever decide to purchase anything.

Huh this is new to me! I never zip my Retiro cause I find zipping and unzipping it a pain. Maybe I'll try to be better about it.

Can anyone please confirm if you think that the canvas is stiff and really thin. I went to the store yesterday to see how the NM DA Pm would look on me but I was so disappointed on how it looks on me. Love the pink lining but it feels really stiff and thin compares to my old model. It may also be the reason for cracking. I'm now leaning more towards turenne or neverfull if I ever decide to purchase anything.

I have the nm da mm. I originally came in for the pm size.. it is beautiful but the pm size looked weird on me, maybe because the strap drop was so short compared to the mm. I'm not tiny, 5'2" about 135. The canvas is thin and has a squishy feel. I really love how lightweight it is. I'm sorry I can't compare it to the om because I don't have it. I've had mine for almost two months, so far no issues to report. Thank goodness!

I have the nm da mm. I originally came in for the pm size.. it is beautiful but the pm size looked weird on me, maybe because the strap drop was so short compared to the mm. I'm not tiny, 5'2" about 135. The canvas is thin and has a squishy feel. I really love how lightweight it is. I'm sorry I can't compare it to the om because I don't have it. I've had mine for almost two months, so far no issues to report. Thank goodness!
Do you have a modelling shot of you Delightful DA? Thanks.

I found the canvas extremely thin as well. If you don't love it definitely buy a different bag. I really am not sure if the canvas on all the LV bags are different and thin. Other lovelies can comment on that. I ended up searching for a soffi azur bag because I had read the canvas was super thick. I love it but tough to find. I really was so excited for the DA delightful but was really disappointed in it. It is a stunning bag and looks so beautiful on every one:smile:

Looks great. I have the Mono PM and agree the drop is quite short. I plan on getting a long strap for it too. I thought that the MM was too big. I would have the kitchen sink in there! :smile:

You're so right. I have so much stuff in my MM with tons of room to spare. When I was in store I didn't even consider you can slouch the bag (duhh) to make the strap drop longer lol. I wish I got the pm instead . Too late now lol. I think having the long strap would look weird on the MM, but for the PM it would look awesome!