Guess copying highend designer bags?

To be truthful, there are only so many shapes and sizes available in handbag design. Those shapes have been used over and over and over again throughout history. Cleopatra carried a bag similiar to a Muse, made out of ostrich leather and gold tassels. She used it to deliver important documents. Did a current designer copy this bag?

Blatant copying is one thing, using a similiar shape is another.

This occurs in fashion all the time. A white frilly blouse with bows along the placket from a high end designer is sold for $1400 in Hollywood. Next year Kohl's sells a similiar item for $45, a white frilly blouse with bows in the design somewhere.

Is that a fake? Or is it merely a white blouse with bows made in the price range of a retailer's market?

Not everything can be 'brand new' in design. Things are borrowed, tweaked, improved and changed. And thank goodness for that or we would be carrying bags that look like our Grandmother's.

To be truthful, there are only so many shapes and sizes available in handbag design. Those shapes have been used over and over and over again throughout history. Cleopatra carried a bag similiar to a Muse, made out of ostrich leather and gold tassels. She used it to deliver important documents. Did a current designer copy this bag?

Blatant copying is one thing, using a similiar shape is another.

This occurs in fashion all the time. A white frilly blouse with bows along the placket from a high end designer is sold for $1400 in Hollywood. Next year Kohl's sells a similiar item for $45, a white frilly blouse with bows in the design somewhere.

Is that a fake? Or is it merely a white blouse with bows made in the price range of a retailer's market?

Not everything can be 'brand new' in design. Things are borrowed, tweaked, improved and changed. And thank goodness for that or we would be carrying bags that look like our Grandmother's.
I tend to agree - the shape of the Muse is one that is very popular and if you look at LAMB, Guess, Chloe, etc, you will see the same type shape. The Guess has the same shape, but not the same details... and frankly if the shape sells the bag, then other companies would be foolish not to be "inspired" by it. Not everyone can afford a Muse or Fendi so those companies that cater to someone with a $200 budget for bags can't really be that faulted, unless it is a blatant, detail for detail, knockoff. Just my honest opinion...

I'd like to have a LV Petite Noe. Frankly I see many noe shape bags around and for all kinds of different price range too. Nowadays the more I'm into bags somehow the more I can't get myself to get any other noe shape bag other than the original LV noe! Seriously if noe is not a LV original I'll not feel bad getting others ... it must be the power of marketing working on me.

There are soooo many famous bag style around that many fashion brands are just "re-using" it.