Made in England vs made in Turkey

My oak Bayswater bought 2013 is made in England. Oak Lilly bought at Xmas sale 2014 England aswell. Made in China would be totally unacceptable for me. God, I would be so dissappointed to se such a label . Made in Turkey/Spain.... well , I dont know... maybe, if it's sold at discount price.

I was in Mullberry store in Copenhagen last week and checking out Arundel and Blossom totes, Kensington were made in Turkey and the quality just didnt feel the same comparing to my Bays and Lilly made in England. Its a little bit of concern because you never know what you get if you order online :sad:

I was in Mullberry store in Copenhagen last week and checking out Arundel and Blossom totes, Kensington were made in Turkey and the quality just didnt feel the same comparing to my Bays and Lilly made in England. Its a little bit of concern because you never know what you get if you order online :sad:

Ahh.. I would say all of my mulberry bags are made in Turkey lol...quality is absolutely the same as others made in england. Bays and Lily are not made of the same materials as Kensington. So it's hard to compare. Specific models are always made in England like regular Bays and Lily. Other models esp for smaller bags are mostly in turk or some in china. I own several alexas , sbs and tessie which are all made in Turkey.

So back to topic. I have bags from England and Turkey and I love all of them. I guess the made in England are the ones I love the most as I'm proud theyre made in England as like Elvis said they're an England brand. :heart:

Just been to the turkish part of cyprus....it is full of shops selling fakes...has put me right off having a mulberry bag with a made in turkey label at all

I thought the article made a great argument for the price you pay and it's wonderful to see Mulberry contributing to multiple generations being skilled in aspects of leather-craft. Mulberry pay a fair wage and provide a growing amount of jobs in the UK which is more than many businesses can say these days. I do wish they would hurry up and get the majority of bags made in the UK. I was in Turkey last year and I saw so many Mulberry fakes but the quality was amazing, our guide said that many of the fakes of multiple designers are made in the same factories are the real ones or by the same people. Whether this is true or not who knows.
Each time I turn up to work with a new bag I get every member of staff coming up to me to let me know how many other things I could of got for the money I spent. My reply is always the same. Better to have one thing I love, than 50 things I'm not that bothered about. It's quality, not quantity but each to their own.

They do not pay their turkish labour force decent rates