A DVF question - need help (especially Christina)

Oct 30, 2006
I had this shirt sent to me.

B000NDCX54.01-A1CGO5UEXI2Z5O._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I read that you should go up a size or two when buying DVF so I bought a size 6 (one size up). It seems too small so I am going to try to track down and 8. I could probably get away with the 6 but it would definately need a tank top. I am not opposed to the tank but I want to at least try the 8 on for comparison. It would be nice to not wear the tank too. (Just another thing I have to find).

Christina: I thought the shirt would go with white pants and a white tank. But it is really more of an ivory. It looks way cute with jeans but I doubt I will wear jeans in the summer. It will be too hot. What are you mostly wearing it with? Jeans?

Hmmm... I'm a size 2 and wear a size 2 in DVF... I LOVE DVF and own many wrap dresses. It very much depends on your bust size. If you are larger-busted, I would go up a size so the fabric doesn't have to strain across your boobs! If not, I think just getting a true-to-size top/dress will work.

Hi Allison! :nuts:

I love that top! I'm so glad I bought it on sale. I ended up getting a size 8, and I normally wear a size 6, small or medium up top - just depends on the brand. I can't wear it without a camisole underneath, so I go with either white or navy blue.

As far as bottoms go, I've worn it with jeans, mainly a dark blue trouser-style pair from Citizens of Humanity. I have a cream/beige pair from Express that I think is next on the list for bottoms to pair with this top. If you wear a darker colored (navy or green) tank or camisole underneath, I think it will look nice with a lighter-colored pant.

What about grey? I have a light grey wide-leg pant that goes with everything! I think most neutrals will go with the top.

Good luck! :smile:

Love this top!~
I got it friday from Saks@ the sale price of 40% off from last week's designer sale .
I got the 12 and she fits fantastic. I bought a navy tank to wear with it and love it . I definitely can't wear without a tank.
I am wearing with denim jeans and heels tonight for my friend's daughter's 23rd birthday party at a local sushi bar.
I love that top!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks Christina for heaps up when ypu boughht it @Saks sale price.

Cute top...

With DVF I'm large chested so I have to go up 1-2 sizes to not feel so exposed. I wouldn't recommend going up more than 2 sizes. On me when I go up past that the shoulders stop fitting (which is an expensive alteration).

Thanks for the input, everyone. I finally picked it up in size 8 and it was perfect. I had an ivory tank that matched perfectly. I might try to find a navy one too. I can wear it with jeans for sure and maybe I will see what else I have lurking in my closet. While I was there, I tried to look at some other DVF stuff. It was hard because I had my hubby and girls (1.5 and 3) with me and my girls were going nuts so I didn't have lots of time. They had a much bigger selection than the store by me. I also bought a cute ladybug top with spaghetti straps.

When I was back in Palm Beach, I saw a woman walking down Worth Avenue in the wrap shirt. I guess it is pretty popular.

I'm a 2 and also a 2 in DVF, but as everyone else says- it's all about your boobs. If you're bigger than a Bcup i'd definitely say you need to size up at least one size. I just bought this top in a different print from Nordies and love it!

Thanks for the input, everyone. I finally picked it up in size 8 and it was perfect. I had an ivory tank that matched perfectly. I might try to find a navy one too. I can wear it with jeans for sure and maybe I will see what else I have lurking in my closet. While I was there, I tried to look at some other DVF stuff. It was hard because I had my hubby and girls (1.5 and 3) with me and my girls were going nuts so I didn't have lots of time. They had a much bigger selection than the store by me. I also bought a cute ladybug top with spaghetti straps.

When I was back in Palm Beach, I saw a woman walking down Worth Avenue in the wrap shirt. I guess it is pretty popular.
I just got this top as well and bought a navy tank from Target which looks really good with it.
I

i just got this top as well and love it!! I got a navy tank from Target that looks fab-for 12.99!
I wore with dark denim jeans and got loads of complements( my 20 + daughter wants to steal it ). I think I'll try with white denim jeans next.
Thanks Christina for the tip!