Chanel loose thread help!!!

Beautiful! Glad you are able to get a new one.

Congrats!! The red is gorgeous!! I'm glad your SA can find you a replacement.... It's beautiful though...

It's so so so pretty. I'm glad that the sa can find another one for u, the loose thread is defiantly a no no.

Gorgeous red❤️❤️❤️

Fabulous red! [emoji173]️️[emoji173]️️[emoji173]️️

Beautiful red!

Beautuful!

Thats very striking red! So beautiful! [emoji7]

- so sorry for the loose thread, i don't understand Chanel quality control anymore!!…i hope everything works out for you!….BUT that RED is a show stopper for SURE!! :heart: :smile:

Thanks everyone! I hope to do a proper reveal soon. Still waiting for a another item to arrive. It's hard to do a haul when stuff is coming from different places. Why does chanel make it so hard to get stuff from one place? Different buyers for boutiques vs free standing stores and restrictions for phone orders on classic pieces. So many policies. It makes me a little nutty. It also makes it hard to build a relationship with just one SA. :rolleyes:

Hi ladies! So recently found and purchased a Chanel bag I wanted (style, color, hardware) and just received it today.

Photos are included below.

The ebay seller I bought it from is user boom2hanten with a rating of 99% of 5,487.
Here is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/311599593448?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
In the listing, the only things listed as imperfections was:

"(SA-Less frequently used items
A-There is a little feeling, good condition
AB-There is a feeling, some noticeable scratches and dirt)

Outside A -AB ; Scuff,Dirt
Inside SA ; Scuff
Odor Smell of material
Chain Scuff,Dirt"

However upon touching it for the first time, the bag seems to be dry - really dry. I have another vintage lambskin in white which from 2007, and that one still shows shine and is pleasant to the touch. This pink one however felt like touching flat beef jerky. I'm not sure if that is highly normal for vintage Chanels. Is there something to easily solve that?

Another main thing that bothers me a bit until I know for sure besides the feel is that I'd like to know why are there so many loose threads? Is it because the bag is so dry? Is it normal? If possible, what can be a solution?

Regardless of the feel and upclose loose threads, it is still a beautiful and gorgeous purse. Just not sure if this one is worth keeping when everytime I touch it, it's not "buttery" soft as how some would describe how Chanel purses are suppose to feel.

The purse is very clean internally and externally with a few bent marks here and there, also there are no deep dents or black marks from the chains inside. So seems like this bag was kept in storage for awhile.

I would like to know from you ladies.
What are your thoughts and any suggestions?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0820.JPG
    IMG_0820.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 249
  • IMG_0821.JPG
    IMG_0821.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 250
  • IMG_0822.JPG
    IMG_0822.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 255
It looks to me like the outside of the bag could have been touched up/redyed, which is why it feels 'rough'. I think the bag should have been graded a B or a C-it seems to look browner in the pics you posted.

Did you ask if the bag had the original finish? I have learned that is a important question. I see you are in OC-if you can get to LA I have a restoration person whom you could consult with. He can tell you if the bag was redyed or what can be done to fix the stitches etc.

It looks to me like the outside of the bag could have been touched up/redyed, which is why it feels 'rough'. I think the bag should have been graded a B or a C-it seems to look browner in the pics you posted.

Did you ask if the bag had the original finish? I have learned that is a important question. I see you are in OC-if you can get to LA I have a restoration person whom you could consult with. He can tell you if the bag was redyed or what can be done to fix the stitches etc.

I did not ask, I assumed the outside was original but it is possibly what you are saying & Yes please, I live in OC :smile:

Like it has no shine what so ever, it is very matte