Authenticate This MULBERRY

Originally Posted by Rezi Hi! Can you please authenticate this Lily? Thanks!

>>Item Name: Mulberry Regular Lily in Poppy Red
>>Link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mulb...9868343976308/
>>(for sale in local Finnish "Mulberry fanclub Suomi" Facebook group - the bag has >>been originally bough 2nd hand from The Finer Things Aberdeen)
>>
>>
>>Pictures:
>>.
>>.
>>. [links removed from quote]

I am also having problems understanding the #1 thing. I read the rules before posting and I think all checks out. There is the name of the item, there is a working link (it is to a Facebook group, but that was not forbidden in the #1) and there are all the pictures that were requested.

Does it help to post a screenshot of the sales ad (in cases where the people here might not have access to the group where the item is sold at)? Or maybe an amendment to #1 is in order if only Ebay items can be posted for authentication. Which would be sad, becase there are so many sales forums nowadays other than Ebay. Thanks for your support as always, have found this forum & your help extremely useful!

I think it's this that you are being referred to ..

"It is the preference of the authenticators on this thread not to give authentication to members who buy and resell bags."

My understanding is that the TPF Authentication service is solely for use in respect of items for sale on auction sites and / or "retail" sites (for example vestiaire, Designer-vintage, preloved & other "shops"), authentications for "private" sales (such as Facebook Groups, sales between friends / colleagues etc) should be done by way of Authentication Services such as Authenticate4U / ***************** & the like.
Am sure someone will put me right if that's not the case.
xx Holls

Ok, thanks for the explanation. I am still having some trouble understanding the difference between Facebook sales ad and Ebay (=auction or "buy it now") sales ad. If the bag I asked the question about would be listed in Ebay or in other auction site, would it then be applicable for authentication in here? Ebay is anyway many times sales between two individuals, just like Facebook sales pages too. Many same items listed in Facebook groups are also listed in the auction sites, atleast so I have noticed.

Will not harrass more with this question anymore, this is my last question/comment on the topic. Thanks like always :heart:

Thank you Holleigh. That is a shame that this has changed. I'm not a buyer/reseller. I'm a private individual and I've seen a bag on a Mulberry Buy/Sell Group. I've always been able to get authentication prior to buying, and disappointed that this has now changed.
It looks like we will no longer be able to get a bag authenticated that we may already have purchased.

I think it's this that you are being referred to ..

"It is the preference of the authenticators on this thread not to give authentication to members who buy and resell bags."

My understanding is that the TPF Authentication service is solely for use in respect of items for sale on auction sites and / or "retail" sites (for example vestiaire, Designer-vintage, preloved & other "shops"), authentications for "private" sales (such as Facebook Groups, sales between friends / colleagues etc) should be done by way of Authentication Services such as Authenticate4U / ***************** & the like.
Am sure someone will put me right if that's not the case.
xx Holls

Ok, thanks for the explanation. I am still having some trouble understanding the difference between Facebook sales ad and Ebay (=auction or "buy it now") sales ad. If the bag I asked the question about would be listed in Ebay or in other auction site, would it then be applicable for authentication in here? Ebay is anyway many times sales between two individuals, just like Facebook sales pages too. Many same items listed in Facebook groups are also listed in the auction sites, atleast so I have noticed.

Will not harrass more with this question anymore, this is my last question/comment on the topic. Thanks like always :heart:
pm'd you xx

Hi, hope you can help please, hoping to surprise my wife with her first Mulberry! Do these look genuine?

Mulberry Bayswater Oak Natural Leather With Brass
alice3cook
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181706688801?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Unused Mulberry Bayswater Oak - Authentic with Proof of Purchase
every_moment_is_magic
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361263338345?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Thank you very much in advance

Andy