Alicia Vikander

As far as I read she stated she would have three movies at the Oscars not that she personally would be nominated three times. Maybe she's simply convinced her films will succeed in total because they're just that good. Being at the Oscars could mean being nominated for Best Director or Best Picture. It doesn't mean she thought of herself being nominated.

Reactions: readingnook
As far as I read she stated she would have three movies at the Oscars not that she personally would be nominated three times. Maybe she's simply convinced her films will succeed in total because they're just that good. Being at the Oscars could mean being nominated for Best Director or Best Picture. It doesn't mean she thought of herself being nominated.

Yep. That's what she said. It's being taken out of context :smile: she said she would be supporting three movies.

That said, I wouldn't have a problem with her stating her goals openly either.

I think she's a confident young woman who is unafraid to state her ambition, and that is offputting to some people.

To me, she's refreshing.

Exactly.

Her ambition is remarkable and could serve as a great inspiration to not just young girls, but all women out there. I admire it.

When it comes to her looks, she's pretty, but there are far more beautiful women than Alicia. However, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, isn't that so? And let's not forget that's she was dating Alex Skarsgard, while now is with Michael Fassbender - two men that are on my top 10 list. :biggrin:

Exactly.

Her ambition is remarkable and could serve as a great inspiration to not just young girls, but all women out there. I admire it.

When it comes to her looks, she's pretty, but there are far more beautiful women than Alicia. However, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, isn't that so? And let's not forget that's she was dating Alex Skarsgard, while now is with Michael Fassbender - two men that are on my top 10 list. :biggrin:

Actually, she didn't date ASkars. They're just long-time friends due to having co-starred with his little brother.

The reviews for Ex-Machina are very positive. This is from The New Yorker : http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/04/13/feelings-cinema-anthony-lane?mbid=social_twitter
In the end, “Ex Machina” lives and dies by Alicia Vikander. The film clicks on when she first appears, and it dims every time she goes away. She will be much in evidence this year, with six movies set for release, but Ava may be hard to beat. Her initial “Hello” to Caleb, with half a question mark hovering after it, echoes the “Hello” with which another Ava marked her ominous entrance. Viewers of “The Killers,” in 1946, saw Ava Gardner swivel on a piano stool, greet Burt Lancaster, size up the poor lunk, and let him know with a single smile, to his infinite delight, that he was doomed. You would think that the new Ava, being man-made, would be less of a femme fatale, but she can still unmake a man with her imitation of a femme—putting on clothes, shoes, stockings, and a wig, then removing them, in semi-silhouette, when she is sure that Caleb is watching.

Wow, girl having fun without Michael
QN7SC67.png

You do realize that that's not from this year, right? She's pictured with Fredrik Etoall, who didn't go to Coachella this year, but did in 2013 and 2014. It's even more obvious because she's considerably thinner in that photo than she has been this year.

Also, The Danish Girl is still filming.