ANATOMY OF A POCHETTE: a quick and mini guide

incoralblue

Boy With Bags
O.G.
Jan 28, 2007
**I'm not using my usual camera so the pics are sloppy.
But here's a mini guide that I put together while trying to kill time.

ANATOMY OF A POCHETTE:

IMG_0303.jpg

I just love the Pochette. It took me a year (or so) to actually buy it! And here's my little review and why you just can't live without one!

It makes a great Day/Evening clutch. Also a fabulous alternative to the Oval, Giant Traveler, and Make Up.

As some of you might remember, I wasn't really loving my blink-and-you-missed-it Black Giant Traveler. The price, the Gold Giant, etc, just didn't sit well with me. So the search began, again. During the trunk show, I had asked Daphne to show me all the Pochettes they have left...they only had 3: two SS 07 black and an SS 06 Lilac. Pointie and I managed to nab the blacks - not sure if the Lilac is still there.

Price: US $695

Not discontinued!

It measures 7 inches height x

IMG_0318.jpg

11 inches length x

IMG_0319.jpg

2 inches wide

IMG_0321-1.jpg

The main compartment has a zipper closure (but no dividers unlike the Giant Traveler)...

IMG_0304-1.jpg

COMPARISON PICS:

WORK VS. POCHETTE...

IMG_0309.jpg

w/ opened flap...

IMG_0307.jpg

MAKE UP VS. POCHETTE...

IMG_0310-1.jpg

Note:

Balenciaga will be receiving the POCHETTES for Fall/Winter in very very limited quantities. I was able to reserve the Marigold...and Pointie the Paprika (which from the photos, I just know it will be GORGEOUS!

Thanks for the pics! I had no idea the pochette had some depth to it, which was holding me back. I thought it was flat. Heavens, I don't know how I'm going to be able to afford everything...

ICB-you did it again:yahoo:. I think Balenciaga should give you a commision for writing all details about their products. And the bad (for my bank account), you always made me want to purchase it. But anyway...I really appreciate your time & detail description. Good job :tup:

Thank you! I've been curious about this style for some time, but have been hesitant to order once since I hadn't seen in in person and didn't really know what it was like opened up. :woohoo:

You're the best!

ICB, Thanks for the pochette guide! There was also a very very dark brown one at the trunk show too... am still dreaming about it.

I like the idea of using this as a travel wallet to pop in a bigger bag -- passport, money and all kinds of stuff for travel -- or as a clutch for travel. It fits my treo! that's nice for a clutch bag!