Ultimate Korean Makeup and Skincare Product Thread!~

TaRaUnnie

Nov 7, 2013
Korean makeup is well renowned and loved around the world. Could it be that some of the products are so inventive and can't be found in western brands? Could it be that they work really well? Could it be the amazing range of types of products? Could it be that Korea was one of the first countries to start using BB cream cosmetically and therefore, have had longer to develop their BB creams that can easily surpass others in quality and productiveness? Could it be the array of products to target different areas and problems?

What is your opinion? Share your favorite product/s and why you love them :smile: ~~

Last edited:
I use various products from History of Whoo... cleanser in particular ,face oil
& eye cream.. they work for me & keep the hydration & nourishing of my skin
(especially now that the weather is changing)

I do not use BB creams mainly because they are too yellow for my skin.

Korean skincare and makeup is going crazy in Australia at the moment. The online store that I generally purchase all of my cosmetics from have receive a lot of new Korean brands lately. They have some interesting skincare like snail masks. Might give some things a try, not too pricey and Koreans do have beautiful skin!
The store is fresh fragrances and cosmetics if anyone is interested in korean skincare (in English).

I use various products from History of Whoo... cleanser in particular ,face oil
& eye cream.. they work for me & keep the hydration & nourishing of my skin
(especially now that the weather is changing)

I do not use BB creams mainly because they are too yellow for my skin.

I love the History of Whoo I got a few samples online and tried them (because it's a bit on the pricey side and I'd prefer to try it first to see if I like it) and they worked amazingly. The eyecream, sunscreen, emulsion and night cream (all from different lines..I would say if I remembered but I don't sorry :sad: ). They nourished my skin as well and made it really radiant!

Too yellow? Really? I have found a lot of them have a bit of a grey cast/ shade but not too noticeable. The Missha ones come in many different shades because they have adapted to a foreign market..as opposed to most that have just two - natural and light. In saying that, I tried the Skinfood mushroom BB and it turned really orangey/ brown that wasn't really my thing but their Grape cell one is great :smile:

Korean skincare and makeup is going crazy in Australia at the moment. The online store that I generally purchase all of my cosmetics from have receive a lot of new Korean brands lately. They have some interesting skincare like snail masks. Might give some things a try, not too pricey and Koreans do have beautiful skin!

The store is fresh fragrances and cosmetics if anyone is interested in korean skincare (in English).

I have noticed this too! I have noticed a number of more stores on my trips to Sydney and Melbourne pop up around Chinatowns there..they are often a bit overpriced compared to what you can get on the Internet..I was able to get a BB cream on sale at one though, but it's good you are able to find them physically now because I like trying before I buy to see if I like them. I have tried a few snail masks- they are great, you should try if you haven't already! Do you mean sheet or a pot? I love Korean sheet masks as you said Korean cosmetics are reasonably priced and are way more inventive than what we have here- and I have found more effective~
Koreans do have beautiful skin! Have they ever heard of pores or acne haha xD
Thanks for the website link I will check it out :smile:

I love their bb creams particularly BRTC whitening and repairing bb cream coz it has arbutin and adenosine. It's a little grey though so I top it off with Estee lauder double wear light foundation.

So far, I'm trying to wean away from skII fte (pricey) by using missha's fte on alternate days.
I don't see any difference.

I've placed loads of orders from different Korean internet sellers... Soooo slow!! Can't wait for them to arrive.

HK and Singapore orders arrive faster (as in within 1 week sometimes).

Based in Melbourne, btw.

I am currently trying the Korean skincare regimen. It's very good for moisturizing my face especially in the dry, winter weather. I am addicted to their sheet masks. I try to do one once a week. I haven't branched off to Korean makeup.

I love their bb creams particularly BRTC whitening and repairing bb cream coz it has arbutin and adenosine. It's a little grey though so I top it off with Estee lauder double wear light foundation.

So far, I'm trying to wean away from skII fte (pricey) by using missha's fte on alternate days.

I don't see any difference.

I've placed loads of orders from different Korean internet sellers... Soooo slow!! Can't wait for them to arrive.

HK and Singapore orders arrive faster (as in within 1 week sometimes).

Based in Melbourne, btw.

I do find some of the BB creams do have a bit of a grey cast..especially Skin79 to me.. Korean BB creams are amazing especially with their lightening and brightening effects as you mentioned!
Where did you place orders on if I may ask? I have ordered some skincare products on eBay from Korea, and yeah it does seem to take forever to get here! [Australia]. Gmarket has express shipping which is fantastic but it costs like forty dollars and just increases on how much you buy so it is not worth it just for a few cosmetics. I get kinda impatient as well haha.
Sasa is based in China and Singapore so I guess I could try them for shorter shipping times as you suggested..but IDK it works out cheaper from Korea usually with free shipping even if it does take a lifetime!
I have been partly tempted to buy them in shops here because it is owning it and trying it straight away but most places charge double or triple the amount and it is so unfair!

Reactions: fff6767
I wish to use their products

But a bit worried

Whether it ll work in indian weather for oily skin

Yes I am sure they would work in Indian weather. People from all over the world seem to use them in different climates and they seem to work for them so I would give it a go! I would stay away from heavy creams and makeup in the humid summer however imo.

I am currently trying the Korean skincare regimen. It's very good for moisturizing my face especially in the dry, winter weather. I am addicted to their sheet masks. I try to do one once a week. I haven't branched off to Korean makeup.

Me too! I have bought my toner and cream..and I think I will go all out and buy emulsion, serum, essence and cleansing oil! It sounds pretty extravagant but I am intrigued..have you been using all the products like that? Which brand have you been using..I am trying Skinfood and Innisfree because of good reviews and cute containers haha (:
I love the korean sheet masks they are amazing! Which brand do you use for them? I have been using TonyMoly Pureness 100 and they are really great..I would recommend them! The mask is one of the softest I have used to-it feels so good on your skin~ I have used TonyMoly ones as well (wine and rice I think?) they are really good too! Both brands have made my skin super soft and moisturised and also glowing~ I would like to get a full packet of sheet masks so I can use them more often~ maybe soon?

Me too! I have bought my toner and cream..and I think I will go all out and buy emulsion, serum, essence and cleansing oil! It sounds pretty extravagant but I am intrigued..have you been using all the products like that? Which brand have you been using..I am trying Skinfood and Innisfree because of good reviews and cute containers haha (:
I love the korean sheet masks they are amazing! Which brand do you use for them? I have been using TonyMoly Pureness 100 and they are really great..I would recommend them! The mask is one of the softest I have used to-it feels so good on your skin~ I have used TonyMoly ones as well (wine and rice I think?) they are really good too! Both brands have made my skin super soft and moisturised and also glowing~ I would like to get a full packet of sheet masks so I can use them more often~ maybe soon?

I'm using mostly Missha and the Face shop. I think the emulsion is the one thing I didn't have. Everyone swore by the essence and I'm trying that out by Missha. So far, I like it. My face feels so much more softer and smoother.
For face masks, I use mainly Face shop and Nature's republic since they always have a deal with them. I tend to hoard them since I love putting them on to relax. You should hoard some more face mask. :biggrin:I am not sure how to use the face mask with the entire Korean skin care regimen though. I'll defnitely look into TonyMoly. their products are so cute! Have you tried skinfood black sugar mask? That's the mask that everyone keeps mentioning but i haven't tried it yet

I'm using mostly Missha and the Face shop. I think the emulsion is the one thing I didn't have. Everyone swore by the essence and I'm trying that out by Missha. So far, I like it. My face feels so much more softer and smoother.
For face masks, I use mainly Face shop and Nature's republic since they always have a deal with them. I tend to hoard them since I love putting them on to relax. You should hoard some more face mask. :biggrin:I am not sure how to use the face mask with the entire Korean skin care regimen though. I'll defnitely look into TonyMoly. their products are so cute! Have you tried skinfood black sugar mask? That's the mask that everyone keeps mentioning but i haven't tried it yet

I like Missha and The Face Shop. Last time I ordered a Face Shop Jeju Marine Facial Mist (have you tried any facial mists? I like them in summer, they are really refreshing) and I got a sample of Missha BB cream (idk remember which one sorry) but I really loved it as it was only light coverage but made my face glowy and smooth~ Which products of Missha or The Face Shop have you used? I would like to try some, but as with many Korean brands they have soooo many products. I have wanted to try the 'Time Revolution First Treatment Essence' and 'Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Cream' because I have heard a lot of great reviews about them..Is that the same essence you were talking about/Have you tried them yet? Yeah, I really love smooth and soft skin and I love how effective some Korean skincare is~
Where do you get deals on them? I was going to buy some Face Shop sheet masks as I would like to try a range of brands to find my favourites haha. Are The Face Shop and Nature Republic masks good and effective? Apparently the Innisfree ones aren't so good, but thats just what I have heard.
I will have to hoard some haha >:biggrin: Especially as winter is coming and your skin usually gets drier then..
I don't think there is a particular right or wrong way to use the masks in the Korean skincare routine..I gave heard weekly or whenever you feel like it..because as you said..they are relaxing and nice and cool~
Tonymoly have super cute packaging, right? I have only tried their Appletox Peeling Cream which was pretty good, their masks and TonyTint liptint which is great(:
Ohhh..I really want to try the Black Sugar mask by Skinfood as like you I have heard a lot of people mentioning it and raving about it! I might try some samples maybe first idk..but it looks really good!

Reactions: fff6767
I wanna recommend the Caolion Where Is Pore? mask. I haven't noticed pore shrinkage BUT it's the only think I've used that gives a long-lasting mattifying effect. I have really oily skin, I'd say basically oily within an hour of being washed, but if I use this mask I'm oil-free for like the whole day. I wish they had something similar that you didn't have to leave on as long.

Reactions: Mamuun Khan Free
I like Missha and The Face Shop. Last time I ordered a Face Shop Jeju Marine Facial Mist (have you tried any facial mists? I like them in summer, they are really refreshing) and I got a sample of Missha BB cream (idk remember which one sorry) but I really loved it as it was only light coverage but made my face glowy and smooth~ Which products of Missha or The Face Shop have you used? I would like to try some, but as with many Korean brands they have soooo many products. I have wanted to try the 'Time Revolution First Treatment Essence' and 'Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Cream' because I have heard a lot of great reviews about them..Is that the same essence you were talking about/Have you tried them yet? Yeah, I really love smooth and soft skin and I love how effective some Korean skincare is~
Where do you get deals on them? I was going to buy some Face Shop sheet masks as I would like to try a range of brands to find my favourites haha. Are The Face Shop and Nature Republic masks good and effective? Apparently the Innisfree ones aren't so good, but thats just what I have heard.
I will have to hoard some haha >:biggrin: Especially as winter is coming and your skin usually gets drier then..
I don't think there is a particular right or wrong way to use the masks in the Korean skincare routine..I gave heard weekly or whenever you feel like it..because as you said..they are relaxing and nice and cool~
Tonymoly have super cute packaging, right? I have only tried their Appletox Peeling Cream which was pretty good, their masks and TonyTint liptint which is great(:
Ohhh..I really want to try the Black Sugar mask by Skinfood as like you I have heard a lot of people mentioning it and raving about it! I might try some samples maybe first idk..but it looks really good!

I tried the Time Revolution by Missha. I am currently using it now. I am not sure what the difference is yet but I feel it making my face softer and smoother. I am also trying the snail cream, I like it a lot. I use it as a night cream so when I wake up in the morning, my face is soft and hydrated.
I usually go to the face shop in my area and they have the buy 10 get one free deals, things like that so if you're near a shop, best to check it out :smile:. I haven't tried any tonymoly products. I don't know what half of them are used for.

Reactions: Mamuun Khan Free