Introducing the Mulberry Dorothy!

Right choice with SDR given their demise :sad:

Still want to see Dottie irl

I wish m would make Ledburys again or give cara a proper shoulder strap in oxblood and I would be a happy bunny!

I was going to say I like Dorothy better and I do, however I do have an SDR in black already which I got when it came out. It's a really hard decision though, I'm not sure I'd be able to choose if I could only keep one!!

Thanks, really hope you get yours sorted. I really want the black one now!

I was worried about the DR leather scratching easily but... I know this is going to sound crazy and weird but I did the scratch test like i do on a lot of leather bags and shoes... I pushed my finger nail into the leather and it made a slight dent, I then rubbed it with a cloth and it came right back out again.... not sure if it would work for bigger scratches but I did this a couple of times and both were good as new!
That is putting my mind at rest - thanks for bravely testing the leather!!

Dorothy looks nice, but I agree with your choice (SDRs are amazing IMHO!), especially if you like the more red tone - there is definitely a difference (my NVT Cara looks a bit browner than my SDR)

Enjoy, and thanks for the comparison pics!

Right choice with SDR given their demise :sad:

Still want to see Dottie irl

I wish m would make Ledburys again or give cara a proper shoulder strap in oxblood and I would be a happy bunny!
I wonder if anyone makes a close enough colour strap? Obviously not quite the same as a Mulberry one though.

Mulberry should offer a choice, like the Anya Hindmarch Ebury that comes with two different coloured straps - maybe they could offer a long leather strap as well as the canvas ones, to cover all bases?

I saw the new Dorothy in Harvey Nichols last week. The oxblood comes in the two sizes, one is quite small but the slightly larger one looks very useful. I liked it, but then I haven't liked some of the more recent modern bags. It is simple, but in the way mulberry bags used to be.

I've got the smaller one and been using it for a few weeks now and I have to say, I love it! It actually hangs well too, over the shoulder, on the crook of the arm and by hand, if get another in a different colour if there was another I liked.

I tried an oak one on in John lewis yesterday. Initially when i tried it on with the stuffing inside it hung really oddly. I unpacked it and put my VIP liner and contents in the bag and it hung beautifully both on the shoulder or cross body. Initially I felt it looked really odd with one handle but after a while I got used to it and REALLY loved it. Might be next on my wish list!!!!

I tried an oak one on in John lewis yesterday. Initially when i tried it on with the stuffing inside it hung really oddly. I unpacked it and put my VIP liner and contents in the bag and it hung beautifully both on the shoulder or cross body. Initially I felt it looked really odd with one handle but after a while I got used to it and REALLY loved it. Might be next on my wish list!!!!

Uh oh, I'm in trouble, I LOVE my Dorothy and have been waiting for it to come out in Oak - in swoon mode now!!!