Alexander Skarsgård

Personally, I'm not worried at all. He's working 7 years on TB, the last year almost without rest so he needs some break like a normal human being. He knows what it's good for him and I have a feeling that he's doing now what he needs, likes and what enjoys him. He doesn't need to hurry, he doesn't have to take any proposal of any role that isn't interesting for him, because he has the money (which probably suffice him for very long) but if there will be something exciting for him, some dangerous, challenging, strange and difficult role, for sure he will work again :smile:

If he hasn't done some post, he will be. And he's well aware that in about a year, promo for Tarzan is going to pick up and take over his life for a few months.
And I don't think he's worried about being away from the spotlight.

I think the purpose for Alex being in NYC is that in August he said in an interview with Vulture that he was looking at apartments in NYC because he was moving there and that's what he's done.

As for his career, it's rather obvious that in parts the fandom there's frustration and worry of the lack of a new role, 4 1/2 months after Tarzan finished filming. I'm making the presumption that he's getting scripts and doing work related stuff, not just hanging around concerts, coffee shops and art exhibits.

I think he's done pretty well in role choices since TB really took off (summer of 2009) and I think he's trying to find something that is interesting and challenging to him. Do I want him to find something Right Now? Well, yes. :P Casting directors should stop hiring Chris Pratt/Pine/Evans/Hemsworth and BeneTommy HiddlesBatch for everything and expand their casting repertoire.

I don't think there's anything to worry about. This seems like a break chosen by him as others have said. For a while there, he was getting papped at every party going, and especially on the streets of LA which I think didn't sit very well with him. I do think part of that was to do with True Blood - a requirement to be out and about - but still.

New York definitely fits him better than LA. Just because we aren't seeing him, doesn't mean he isn't having meetings etc for other projects.

Thanks. Santress for the pics.
Thumbs up to all of these. It's easy to project what WE want for him and his career, He's doing what works for him and if it doesn't fit in with what our expectations are then Oh well we have to deal with that. I think he's doing what makes him happy. Looking at what he's done with his time off in the past: sailing trip, walking with wounded, vietnam. What makes him happy in RL is what I think he's doing with his career, and I say good for him.

Good morning everyone! Love the pics thank you!! So, went on to once again check for tickets for the 18th in NY and it is standby only.. I won't be standing on line waiting :sad: I think it's a great thing though that it's sold out.. Just not great for us who wanted to go! Hopefully it'll be released in theatres soon. For now, we just have to live on the cute fan pics and occasional sightings we all love so much! Sigh😍

I don't think we should be at all worried about his career! The man is insanely talented and just because he's not back to back on projects doesn't mean he's going to fail as an actor. I think he's the kind of person that doesn't need the hollywood lifestyle and all the expensive glam that goes with it. If he wants he can afford to just not work for a bit, and be selective on his projects. :smile:

I agree skarsbabe[\B], well just look at his father. He's not in the paper or getting paper but still got good work.

I wish for Alex some down time and hopefully he appeared on the NYC theater soon. Love to see him doing some off Broadway show.

In the spirit of this day, International Womens Day,
this pic of Alex suits perfectly. :P

tumblr_nkw2d0ELqa1ql581qo1_1280.png

"Wherever I am, there will always be women" ;)

askarsvideoblog.tumblr

Nice to see Dirndls on the Forum :biggrin:

Alex has repeatedly referenced the career of Stellan. Stellan has had fluctuations in his career but has always worked steadily over the decades, whether in lead or co-starring roles, huge films (Marvel, Mamma Mia, TPOTC, Good Will Hunter) or smaller ones/roles (Dogville, The Hunt for Red October)

I think Alex is playing for longevity rather than "hot right now".

He's been working on something-The Trek, The Giver, DOATG, TB, Tarzan-since late summer 2013. Tarzan finished principle filming the middle of October. Despite my fretting, I do think it's perfectly reasonable to have this time off. And it seems like we go through some variation of this worrying every year around this time. It was either because he didn't have a movie role lined up already for the TB break, or because he didn't work on TB for a week and therefore Eric had been killed off.
Joel K didn't do a movie for a year and now has three lined up.

Fan pic from today in (presumably) London (March 9, 2015).
There were some twitter reports of him watchin the play Closer at the Donmar Warehouse.

"Alexander Skarsgard. Never fan girled so hard."

-chloe_l_c @ instagr.am

Fan pic from today in (presumably) London (March 9, 2015).
There were some twitter reports of him watchin the play Closer at the Donmar Warehouse.

"Alexander Skarsgard. Never fan girled so hard."

-chloe_l_c @ instagr.am

Great photo! He's in London now? What a restless soul he is :wtf:

Rumors! Yay! well, at least it keeps us from getting bored... ;)

Careful now....

2wf3kex.jpg