Loose stitching - would you be bothered?

Thanks girls for all the feedback.

I just filed a complaint today through Chancel customer service.
Lets see how they respond regarding this issue.

Here is the contact info for your reference, in case some needs it in the future.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chanel.com strives to provide you with superior quality products and a luxurious online experience. We do sincerely apologize for the experience. For further assistance please contact 1.800.550.0005 and a Customer Service Representative will kindly assist you.

Thank you for your interest in Chanel.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had the same issue and posted pics of my purse here: http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/need-advice-on-my-m-l-flap-838373.html

I brought it to my SA and asked me if I want to get it cut right there and then, or wait for a new shipment. I said we can try cutting it and see. They did and it was really clean. She told me to bring it in if there are problems in the future. She told me not to worry about it in the future. Since she has it on record that I brought it in already with loose stitching, if it happens again they will fix it for free.

I'm pretty happy with it and no problems so far.

Hi odette57,

Thank you for your reply.:smile:

When I brought my flap to store for the loose stitch, one of the SA said it might be extra thread and ask me if I want them to cut it off.

I refused. Because I worried what if it causes another loose stitch or worsen the problem.
But looks like your bag works well after cutting it.

Mmmmm Anyway, I've filed a complaint directly, hope I can get a exchange or return.
(I sent email and call my regular SA, didnt get her response.)

Its really annoying to bring back the bag for repairing over and over again.

I bought a brand new mini Chanel flap on ebay and got it authenticated and everything was good. I wore it twice and I realized the stitching on the back of the flap is coming out.

Since this is a bag I bought from Ebay, can I take it to the Chanel store to fix or do I have to show proof of purchase?

Please help! Thanks.

Hi Ladies,

I just noticed today that my classic jumbo caviar flap has a loose thread on the back of the bag toward the bottom. This completely took me by surprise and disappoints me. I don't use this bag very often and it's always been babied since I've had it for the last 2 years. I'm planning to have Chanel take a look at it. Now that this thread is loose, it makes me question their quality. I also just purchased a new boy bag last week. I am now wondering if I should keep my boy bag since it's such an expensive purchase? It disappoints me that I spent $5K on bag and the stitching is coming loose. Additionally, it's making me reconsider Chanel. I also have other bags from LV, Chloe, and Bottega that I use on a daily basis with no issues. These bags are not as expensive either. What do you guys think? Should I keep my Boy? Any one else have quality issues on their classic bags?

I've attached a pic of the loose thread and my new boy. Thanks for your feedback!

Attachments

• chanel thread.jpeg
    chanel thread.jpeg
    159.6 KB · Views: 1,373
  • boy bag.jpeg
    boy bag.jpeg
    202.5 KB · Views: 1,156
I don't think you should return the boy. I suppose that you purchased it because you liked it and I also assume that the boy has no issues?
I understand that you are disappointed with what happened to your flap, which makes you question how the boy will fare. I have experienced something similar myself.
One of my barely used bag needed to be taken back to Chanel for repairs but I have other bags that I use more frequently which are doing fine. So I haven't written them off yet :smile:

I don't think you should return the boy. I suppose that you purchased it because you liked it and I also assume that the boy has no issues?
I understand that you are disappointed with what happened to your flap, which makes you question how the boy will fare. I have experienced something similar myself.
One of my barely used bag needed to be taken back to Chanel for repairs but I have other bags that I use more frequently which are doing fine. So I haven't written them off yet :smile:

Yes, I really liked the boy but I would be disappointed if in 2 years that I start having problems. What bothers me is that my classic isn't used that often compared to my other bags. For a bag at its price point, I expect better quality.

One week ago I got my first Chanel bag. I got the M/L flap in black caviar with gold hardware. I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet and I've only taken it out of the dust bag and box once before. Today I decided to take my bag out of the box/dustbag and when I did I noticed a loose stitch (!?!?!?!) I'm freaking out because I'm a perfectionist and this is really bothering me. This bag was a gift and will be my only Chanel flap for a very, very long time.

Is it worth bringing back to the store and trying to get a new one or trying to get it fixed? I got it from BG which is a little out of the way for me, would I be able to bring it to neiman's instead? Do you think it's even worth bringing in? I'm a Chanel newbie and could use some help :sad:

One week ago I got my first Chanel bag. I got the M/L flap in black caviar with gold hardware. I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet and I've only taken it out of the dust bag and box once before. Today I decided to take my bag out of the box/dustbag and when I did I noticed a loose stitch (!?!?!?!) I'm freaking out because I'm a perfectionist and this is really bothering me. This bag was a gift and will be my only Chanel flap for a very, very long time.

Is it worth bringing back to the store and trying to get a new one or trying to get it fixed? I got it from BG which is a little out of the way for me, would I be able to bring it to neiman's instead? Do you think it's even worth bringing in? I'm a Chanel newbie and could use some help :sad:

Are you sure that is a loose stitch or where the stitch ends? I have had both. It is an easy fix if it is loose stitch, but since it is brand new I would take it back. All Neimans can do is ship it back to BG. I would bring it to BG directly or a Chanel boutique. Can you post some more pics? Maybe it isn't a loose stitch, but perhaps were the sticking ends