Another reason to buy cute designer bags

Glitter Girl

Apr 13, 2007
Being a mommy of 2 little babies it is hard to get yourself ready after you have to bathe, dress, feed them etc. just to get out of the house to do errands, anyway, a wise and very fashion conscious friend of mine said once " As long as you carry a nice bag, you can look like total crap and still not look so bad " I thought this was great ! Of course we always try to look our best but when we can't ...

How funny..I totally agree...as a mommy of 2 in soccer, school and everything else, I always feel like I'm in a rush and don't look great, but I always think..."well I have a great bag!" :smile:

I wish I felt that way! I am not a morning person (lord help me if and when i ever have kids) so 90% of the time I am running late for work and don't put too much thought into my outfit (is it clean? yes? ok wearing it). Luckily I work for such a small company and we never have clients visit, so there really isn't a dress code. Anyway, on days that I feel like I look like complete crap, I feel out of place with my Coach...like I'm trying too hard (although it doesn't stop me from carrying it!)

ITA! I'm usually in shorts and a t-shirt and flip flops with my hair in a ponytail. But my bag always looks HOT :graucho: Or even if I have my scrubs on and I'm carrying my bag into work, it makes me feel good.

As long as you carry a nice bag, you can look like total crap and still not look so bad

OMG Glitter Girl - that's ALL the justification I need to buy and have lovely arm candy! Your look gets an instant "Upgrade" when you're sporting a wonderful bag! I'm a sahm with two little ones as well... and I really DO feel great with my chloe paddy or coach mia even while I'm just wearing a clearance tee from target or sam's club and old ratty jeans!!!

And come to think of it, I know that when I spot another woman/mom, say at the grocery store, wearing a simple outfit but sporting a fab bag... I automatically give them a smile and nod of approval because I KNOW that deep down they have excellent taste and aren't afraid to "treat" themselves to the finer things in life, even if they're just a housewife wearing crappy clothes like I do!

Thanks for sharing this with all of us!!!:tup: