Some interesting "shoe" facts from Allure magazine.

SatchelGirlJess

Need More Closets
Dec 24, 2006
I saw this in the June issue of Allure magazine and found some interesting and even REALLY surprising facts. There were a bunch of them but I thought these were some of the more interesting ones:

19: Percentage of women who consider their feet attractive.

23: percentage of women who get a pedicure every month.

250,000: average number of sweat glands in a pair of feet.

62: percentage of people who consider it normal for their feet to hurt.

$277: Amount the typical American woman spends on shoes per year.
(:wtf::roflmfao:ok, I want to meet those "typical women"... only $277. PER YEAR?!?! Even when I was FLAT BROKE I think I spent more than that per YEAR)

27: Pairs of shoes owned by the average American woman.

8: Shoe size of the average American adult woman.

Seriously? Only $277?? That's kind of odd, considering it also says the average woman owns 27 pairs of shoes...

But I definitely spend more than that on shoes per year, and I don't even buy many "expensive" shoes.

hehe, I also thought the correlation between the percentage of women who get pedicures once a month to the percentage of women who find their feet attractive funny. It must be nearly all the same women, the percentages are so close. Hey, if more women got perdicures more often I guess more women would think their feet are "attractive." haha.

Seriously? Only $277?? That's kind of odd, considering it also says the average woman owns 27 pairs of shoes...

But I definitely spend more than that on shoes per year, and I don't even buy many "expensive" shoes.

haha, if the average American woman has 27 pairs of shoes and she spent $277. on them that makes them like $10.50 per pair. :shocked: Does Payless even SELL shoes for $10.50?

(PS: I know, I know.. I'm not an idiot, I am sure a good number of those 27 pairs were carried over year to year. :rolleyes:)

I will just add, this one of the first areas in my life I am ABOVE average! :lol: I may not have been the best in school but at least now I know I am "above average" in shoes spending per year, pairs of shoes, and even shoe size. :roflmfao: