Question for black Bbag owners??

Purse-Ooooh

My Sweet Bobba-Lou!
Feb 5, 2007
I have a black day that I absolutely LOVE :heart: The leather is smooshy, thick and gorgeous, however, I would really love it to be a little "blacker" as it is looking a little washed out. Are there any treatments, conditioners, etc that bring back that darker black appearance? Just wondering if anybody has used anything and really liked the result? TIA!! :tup:

Sorry, maybe the LMB shine restorer?? Although I have not heard all good things about that.

Both my blacks are intensely black, almost wet-looking.

Hopefully someone has experience here...

I have a black day that I absolutely LOVE :heart: The leather is smooshy, thick and gorgeous, however, I would really love it to be a little "blacker" as it is looking a little washed out. Are there any treatments, conditioners, etc that bring back that darker black appearance? Just wondering if anybody has used anything and really liked the result? TIA!! :tup:[/quo

Do you want to order my Rockstar Jet Black???:nuts:

I have never heard of anything that makes them darker. Strangely my 04 black is a little darker than my 07 because the 07 is more marblized(sp?) and the 04 is smoother. Good luck and if you find something let us know!!

I had the same problem and would recommend moisturising it with Lubriderm. They use it at BalNY, too! Good luck Purse-Ooooh!:yes:

I agree with Marie. I used it on my Black Weekender which almost looks like a Gray-Black (and I want it to be Jet Black)...the lubriderm helped restore the shine and my bag seems a bit darker now too.

ok everyone is going to have a heart attack but i put Origins 'Have A Nice Day' face moisturizer on my black 06 city and it literally drank it up! My bag was kind of dry and the leather actually felt a bit scaly if you rubbed against the grain. The bag is now softer, shinier, darker, and it smells like citrus.

Lubriderm is great. If you're willing to do some work, a little Eucerin and a lot of massaging will, on first look, appear to dull the finish. keep massaging, and buff lightly with a soft cloth. It's good for really dry bags. But I like patina, not shine, so it's not for everyone.

^^ That is what I was afraid of. I want moisture but I want more of a matte look. I ordered some appleguarde because I need something. I carried my black city almost everyday and now she is really dry looking.

Do you want to order my Rockstar Jet Black???:nuts:[/QUOTE]

zacorey - what are you talking about??? would love to know what a rockstar jet black is, seriously!

that's great to know that people have had success with LUbriderm - i used shine restore and it does nothing. i have a black day that needs a little loving too, so i'm going to give that a try, thanks!

I've had really good luck with the LMB Ultra Moisturizer....I don't know if it will make it "blacker" persay, but I LOVED how it made my Caramel Twiggy feel!

It's not too expensive either, and I love the smell.

^^try giving it a lubriderm rubdown every few days, and letting it sink in overnight. you'll see a difference.

imagine never putting lotion on your legs! They'd look dry too!