The Fashion Bin consignment store/website

pinay_pie

O.G.
Aug 7, 2013
Hi!

Has anybody consigned with or bought anything from The Fashion Bin? They're located in Southern California. I asked because a couple of years ago, I brought some shoes and a purse there for consignment. They sold a couple of pair of shoes right away. They didn't send me a check until after I called them and noticed from the website that the shoes have already been sold. Then last year a Prada purse was also sold. Called them up and said check was on its way. That was a year ago! Fast forward to today, noticed on the website again that two more pair of shoes looked like they've been sold too because they're not on the website anymore. I mean, where else could they be right? I just called but nobody picked up. This getting ridiculous! Should I consider this a loss at this point?

They're also one of Malleries' sellers.

They've had your items for 2 years and haven't paid you yet?

I'd try again tomorrow to contact them and give them one more chance to respond.

If they don't reply, contact Malleries and let them know how the company does business. I'm sure Malleries wouldn't want them giving Malleries a bad name.

They've had your items for 2 years and haven't paid you yet?

I'd try again tomorrow to contact them and give them one more chance to respond.

If they don't reply, contact Malleries and let them know how the company does business. I'm sure Malleries wouldn't want them giving Malleries a bad name.
Yup. I even asked them to just returned my stuff. Then I'd keep lost of track. But every time I remember to check their website, one of my item would be gone. Last time I contacted them was last year for the Prada purse. I didn't get any check for that. I lost track again until well today.

What if Malleries tells me my items weren't sold through them? But yeah, I'll try calling them again. Thanks.

Yup. I even asked them to just returned my stuff. Then I'd keep lost of track. But every time I remember to check their website, one of my item would be gone. Last time I contacted them was last year for the Prada purse. I didn't get any check for that. I lost track again until well today.

What if Malleries tells me my items weren't sold through them? But yeah, I'll try calling them again. Thanks.

Malleries needs to know how they do business. Sure hope you have
all your e-mails & paperwork to be able to follow up.

You may have to e-mail Malleries with your correspondence .

Check to see (terms of agreement consignor/seller) what happens if your items haven't sold & how long they will
keep your items. Many of these places donate merchandise that hasn't been
claimed after a certain period of time unless specified.

Malleries needs to know how they do business. Sure hope you have
all your e-mails & paperwork to be able to follow up.

You may have to e-mail Malleries with your correspondence .

Check to see (terms of agreement consignor/seller) what happens if your items haven't sold & how long they will
keep your items. Many of these places donate merchandise that hasn't been
claimed after a certain period of time unless specified.
That's the thing, I can't find the actual contract. All I have is an e-mail with a spreadsheet of the items attached to the e-mail. But in the e-mail I agreed on the quotes prices. I don't know, about ahead ago too, I came across someone who claimed to have consigned her Hermes collection to The Fashion Bin only to have FB deny her claim saying there was no contract whatsoever or Hermes bags. She had lawyers and stuff, suing FB. I never heard back from that person again. I could e-mail her and see what happened to her case.

That's the thing, I can't find the actual contract. All I have is an e-mail with a spreadsheet of the items attached to the e-mail. But in the e-mail I agreed on the quotes prices. I don't know, about ahead ago too, I came across someone who claimed to have consigned her Hermes collection to The Fashion Bin only to have FB deny her claim saying there was no contract whatsoever or Hermes bags. She had lawyers and stuff, suing FB. I never heard back from that person again. I could e-mail her and see what happened to her case.

Some of how you can proceed may depend on what information is on the spreadsheet that they sent you, but generally you don't want to consign anything without a contract. It's to protect both parties. If you don't have one, they can claim that you donated your items to them, and there's no document to prove otherwise.

In this case - after such a long time - you're probably going to be out the money and items, but I would still pursue things such as filing a complaint with the BBB and, as others suggested, letting Malleries know.

OP, you mention that FB sold a couple pairs of shoes & you were paid. Do you or can you
access that check? If so, there may be a "consignor account # on the check.
You can ask FB to check their records. Do you remember the date that you sent the
items? What info was on the spreadsheet?

You could contact the other person & see if she has any info she will share..

Good luck.. this is going to be challenging for you especially if you don't have
all the neede paperwork.. but no harm in trying

Last edited:
FB called back and said they will be sending a check today for the purse and a pair of shoes. I hope they do send the check. It took them a year to send it. And is that common practice for consignment stores, you have to follow up yourself?

FB called back and said they will be sending a check today for the purse and a pair of shoes. I hope they do send the check. It took them a year to send it. And is that common practice for consignment stores, you have to follow up yourself?

All consignment stores are different, which is why it's important to have things spelled out in a contract. Most stores will automatically send you payment when an item sells, and will contact you if they're removing an item from the floor, but typically it's your responsibility to pick up any items that don't sell within a certain timeframe.

Hi there!

I own a consignment business, and I purchased something from The Fashion Bin for myself (a mothers day gift for myself) last May (2014) via The Malleries.

It never arrived.

I've called/emailed the Malleries and they have pretty much shrugged their shoulders and are now ignoring me.

I've called/emailed The Fashion Bin SEVERAL times. NO RESPONSE. Not once. Didn't answer their phone or respond to my emails.

This is the industry I am in and I'm appalled at their business practices, embarrassed that we are considered colleagues.

Beware of The Fashion Bin!!!

Hi there!

I own a consignment business, and I purchased something from The Fashion Bin for myself (a mothers day gift for myself) last May (2014) via The Malleries.

It never arrived.

I've called/emailed the Malleries and they have pretty much shrugged their shoulders and are now ignoring me.

I've called/emailed The Fashion Bin SEVERAL times. NO RESPONSE. Not once. Didn't answer their phone or respond to my emails.

This is the industry I am in and I'm appalled at their business practices, embarrassed that we are considered colleagues.

Beware of The Fashion Bin!!!

Beware is right... none of us like hearing this..

I googled them after the fact sadly.

I figured that since they were on The Malleries then they should be legit right...wrong

Brutal.

Not sure what I should do exactly, call the Orange County police? I'm over it

I googled them after the fact sadly.

I figured that since they were on The Malleries then they should be legit right...wrong

Brutal.

Not sure what I should do exactly, call the Orange County police? I'm over it

I'm not entirely sure what you'll be able to do after letting such a long period of time elapse. You might be able to still file a chargeback with your credit card, but I think even that is a stretch.

Why did you wait so long to do something about it?