Food Talking about wine

Traminer

Markgraf von Baden-Baden
Dec 28, 2014
Can we also talk about wine?

What is your taste in wine?

What sorts of wine do you like to drink?

I just mention one sort now that I like: Gewürztraminer.

It is not for nothing that I chose "Traminer" as a nick here. :smile:

Can we also talk about wine?

What is your taste in wine?

What sorts of wine do you like to drink?

I just mention one sort now that I like: Gewürztraminer.

It is not for nothing that I chose "Traminer" as a nick here. :smile:

Ahh wine....I don't drink anymore but when I did, I loved a cold, crisp Pinot Grigio or a peachy ultra dry Viognier.
And in the winter months, Merlot.

I love a good, oaky, round and dry pinot noir. I want to taste the barrel and the earth. I am partial to the Russian River Valley and Willamette Valley but am really learning about others out there that are amazing.
Erath has a great pinot out right now.

For a white, again, I lean towards a dry, buttery chardonnay. I had a couple of glasses at Mr. Chow last week and forgot to ask what it was! Going back again this week and will find out.

ITA with shoo on the Pinots from the Russian River and Willamette Valleys - YUM! Deep, big, earthy Cabs from Napa or parts of Sonoma Valleys, and rich, spicy Zinfandels are hits for me too. Argentine Malbecs and Spanish Tempranillos are yummy too!

I also love dry, crisp whites such as Sauvignon Blancs, Pinot Grigios, and my new find, Vinho Verdes from Portugal.

Dislike buttery Chardonnays, overly "grassy" Sauvignon Blancs, and Merlots. Sorry, I know there are Merlot fans here but I find them kinda bland.

Last edited:
ITA with shoo on the Pinots from the Russian River and Willamette Valleys - YUM! Deep, big, earthy Cabs from Napa or parts of Sonoma Valleys, and rich, spicy Zinfandels are hits for me too. Argentine Malbecs and Spanish Tempranillos are yummy too!

Oooh. If you could recommend a Malbec or Tempranillo that would be awesome. :tup: Its always hit or miss with Malbecs for me. Haven't found one I'm completely ga ga over yet but get close.

GSM blends are my fav but I also like spicy Zinfandels & Petit Sirahs and Cab Franc. Also another +1 for Willamette Valley Pinot Noirs. So earthy! Basically "kick in the head" reds

For whites I like Sauvignon Blancs & White Burgundy. Oaky Chardonnays are not for me at all but I don't mind steel casked Chardonnay

If pink I prefer bubbles

I'll never turn down an Orin Swift ❤️ I have a bottle of Papillon waiting for the proper special occasion :yes: