Mulberry Vanilla Bayswater - real or fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilly3

May 20, 2007
I am calling out to the experts here - can any of you tell if this Bayswater is real or fake? I bought it on Ebay from a very helpful seller and I don't want to accuse her of selling me a fake before I am more sure.

Attachments

• DSC04376.JPG
    DSC04376.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 3,934
  • DSC04380.JPG
    DSC04380.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 3,460
  • DSC04381.JPG
    DSC04381.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 2,946
  • DSC04384.JPG
    DSC04384.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 3,019
I am calling out to the experts here - can any of you tell if this Bayswater is real or fake? I bought it on Ebay from a very helpful seller and I don't want to accuse her of selling me a fake before I am more sure.
Can you post another picture of the key pouch so i can see the tree logo clearly also can you post a picture of the word Mulberry located on the buckle inside the bag and finally a closer shot of the disk thanks

The leather is supple, not as much as on my ledbury, but it has been used everyday for 6 months which makes a difference I guess. It smells great. Maybe it's just me being suspecious.
Here a a couple of extra pics - I have no more because I have no digital camera, I took these with my mum's camera yesterday. What do I have to look for to know if it's real?

Attachments

• DSC04379.JPG
    DSC04379.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 2,785
  • DSC04381.JPG
    DSC04381.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 2,590
  • DSC04382.JPG
    DSC04382.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 2,583
Even the store tag looks correct you can tell a fake by the colour of the tree logo. One last question is the padlock (where the tree logo is) flat or rounded and is there a small hole next to the keyhole on the bottom of the padlock?

The padlock is flat. I see no small hole - where is it supposed to be?
Turn the padlock upside down so you can see the key hole and there should be a very small hole located somewhere next to the keyhole (it is small but definately visible) and you say the front of the padlock is completely flat? not slightly arched?

Yes, actually the padlock is slightly arched! I can't find the small hole, though
As long as it is arched at the front as the fakes are flat (i have checked all of my padlocks and 2 have the hole and 1 doesn't ) is there a serial number on the reverse of the disk inside the bag ? (not to worry if there isn't)and also the dustbag does it have a tree logo on the front and reverse and what colour would you describe the tree logo as? also going back to the bag itself on the back of the black made in .... tag located at the side of the inside pocket is there anything written on the reverse and where does it say it was made..... sorry for all of the questions but these are things that separate the real from the fake

It's fine that you ask questions - that's how I'll find out if it's real or fake :smile: There is a serial number on the reverse of the disk inside the bag. The dustbag has a tree logo on the front and back, the colour is gold. The little black mark inside says made in England, on the reverse it says X. Has it something to do with the factory it was made in?

It's fine that you ask questions - that's how I'll find out if it's real or fake :smile: There is a serial number on the reverse of the disk inside the bag. The dustbag has a tree logo on the front and back, the colour is gold. The little black mark inside says made in England, on the reverse it says X. Has it something to do with the factory it was made in?
Made in England is fine but... all of my Mulberry handbags have 2 letters in very small lettering on the reverse of the made in tag, i have never seen one with an X so i would be interested to see what other peoples Mulberry made in tags have on the reverse

I know someone who has a Bayswater that was bought in a Mulberry shop and it also has an x on the little black mark so I think that might be okay.
The bag is used - I paid 300£.

Status
Not open for further replies.