Canvas wallets vs leather ones which would you choose?

pandorabox

"She was wearing all Chanel."
O.G.
May 2, 2011
If you had to choose between the two which would you pick and why? I have been debating a canvas wallet but then when I look at the prices I am not that far from getting a leather piece. For example the Emilie wallet and the Sarah I see other wallets that was leather in the same price range. So which would you choose? Thanks!

I'm probably going to be the only one who says this but I would pick canvas...I had a secret long wallet that I sold and now use the LE trunks Sarah and love it....I had a Empreinte cosmetic pouch that I used for a few months and somehow the corners are all scuffed.....I switch to a monogram cosmetic pouch...

If you had to choose between the two which would you pick and why? I have been debating a canvas wallet but then when I look at the prices I am not that far from getting a leather piece. For example the Emilie wallet and the Sarah I see other wallets that was leather in the same price range. So which would you choose? Thanks!
I don't know, it depends. I feel that on wallets that fold open, the leather can be more durable because the canvas is prone to cracking on folds. However, canvas would be a good option on something such as the Zippy.

Sarah wallet in canvas is prone to cracking and curling. I just sold my MC sarah because I am going to upgrade to an epi piece. I checked out the epi Sarah's and they are heavy duty. I don't foresee any curing issues with them. I am also considering the Iena leather wallet, but I haven't decided on whether I want zipped or folding. Good luck

Tough question OP! I love both, for different reasons. If I am traveling and I just want something durable and carefree that can take a beating and get thrown in a bag with camera equipment and all the vacation accoutrements, then I say canvas. If I want something a little more elegant that is still sturdy, I will reach for my leather ones. GLD!

I've always purchased LV canvas wallets and they hold up really well and wear like iron. I do have one leather wallet that is FENDI Selleria and it also has held up well. If I had to choose I'd probably go with the canvas because they're lighter weight.

canvas for wallets with zippers bc like someone else mentioned, canvas do curl over time on the slots. vernis or epi for wallets like Sarah bc it holds their shape and wears well. leather like empreinte...you do have to keep it in a organizer, the corner will show rubbing and eventually the leather will soften.

Épi wallets are very durable - especially in the darker colors. Canvas is very durable too (and super easy to keep clean) but sometimes curl. There are also some issues with cracking on some models (depends on the design and how much stress there is at the folds).

You can extend the life of any wallet by keeping an eye on the glazing and getting it redone once in a while. Wallets are very heavy-use items (objects rub against them in handbags, get manipulated a lot, and get put in and out of tight pockets).

I don't partucularely baby my wallets but both canvas and leather have held up very well. They just show normal signs of use.

I would say avoid Nomade or box leather for wallets. That's way too delicate and will show marks quickly. But it's beautiful!! :smile:

Reactions: Halmoni100
I have the Curieuse and love it! The empreiente leather is amazing. I also love the design of the wallet. There's a place for everything and I just feel very organized. It isn't heavy or bulky. I'm very happy with it. Prior to this wallet, I had a mono canvas wallet that I used for about 10 years and it still looks beautiful! I'd check out several styles, and see which suits you best. LV has so many beautiful styles/ materials for wallets.

I have the Curieuse and love it! The empreiente leather is amazing. I also love the design of the wallet. There's a place for everything and I just feel very organized. It isn't heavy or bulky. I'm very happy with it. Prior to this wallet, I had a mono canvas wallet that I used for about 10 years and it still looks beautiful! I'd check out several styles, and see which suits you best. LV has so many beautiful styles/ materials for wallets.

This, exactly.