Introducing the Mulberry Dorothy!

Thank you, I need to decide between this one and the SDL in oxblood. I'm not always that careful with my bags so I like the leather on the Dorothy, it seems durable and wouldn't show up marks a lot, its coming up a lighter colour in the brighter pictures, its much darker irl.

Do you have both right now? Can we see side by side pics? It is really nice!

Oh, gosh, I like this a lot! Top handle plus crossbody strap, check. Classic postman's lock, check. Good medium size, not too big and not too small, check. Personally I have and like Alexa and Tillie, and have the sbs on my wishlist, but I can imagine that without so many straps/pushlocks/handles getting in the way this would be easier and quicker to access. I also like that the single handle attaches more to the back of the bag rather than right on top, as I always worry a bit with the handles right on top that they may be putting too much pressure on the postman's lock when carried that way. And I like having the crossbody strap attached at the back too, rather than the sides as on alexa, as that does tend to either squish the sides of the top flap a bit, or pull up the sides of the bag like 'ears'. All in all this seems like a really well thought-through design :smile:

Thank you so much for revealing so quickly, and posting so many pictures,, really helpful! I think she looks great on you :smile: I think the sdr is also a lovely design, but it sounds like the leather on the Dorothy might be better for your purposes than the oxblood sdr. Are you able to compare the two side-by-side, might be the easiest way to decide?

+1. haha. We have the same "check-list"! I was thinking just the same, when I saw the fotos. ☺️

Update: I'm sending back the Dorothy and keeping the SDR.

Here goes my reasoning....

-Whilst it's a gorgeous bag and I love both, the Dorothy can sometimes look dark brown in certain lights to me, the SDR is more red in comparison, which is the look I wanted.
-I save myself £90 and technically saved an additional £398 on it in the sale.
-They look too similar side by side to keep both.
-Finding out the SDR has been discontinued made me want to keep it more.

I'm glad I could show the Dorothy on here and let people see it from different angles, i'ts now all sold out online :smile:

Update: I'm sending back the Dorothy and keeping the SDR.

Here goes my reasoning....

-Whilst it's a gorgeous bag and I love both, the Dorothy can sometimes look dark brown in certain lights to me, the SDR is more red in comparison, which is the look I wanted.
-I save myself £90 and technically saved an additional £398 on it in the sale.
-They look too similar side by side to keep both.
-Finding out the SDR has been discontinued made me want to keep it more.

I'm glad I could show the Dorothy on here and let people see it from different angles, i'ts now all sold out online :smile:

do you have a photo of them both side by side???
:smile:

hhhhhmmmmm..... a tough decision!!!
They are both lovely!
I can add the Dorothy to my list of replacements should I not be able to get another oxblood SDR
However I fully agree on your decision, especially with the SDR being no more ;)

Thanks, really hope you get yours sorted. I really want the black one now!

I was worried about the DR leather scratching easily but... I know this is going to sound crazy and weird but I did the scratch test like i do on a lot of leather bags and shoes... I pushed my finger nail into the leather and it made a slight dent, I then rubbed it with a cloth and it came right back out again.... not sure if it would work for bigger scratches but I did this a couple of times and both were good as new!