Kate spade... what do you think of the brand as a whole?

I used to think it was all that when younger but personally don't care much for it anymore. It does have simple, clean line designs and it's pretty but somehow it doesn't suit my tastes nowadays.

I can usually find a likeable bag from any designer...I have two Kate Spade bags and I love them both! The ones that I own are classic and well made but as with any other designer, some of her bags do absolutely nothing for me.

I really like some kate spade, others I'm not so fond of. I do feel like the prices for ks have gotten really high over the last few years though, and it's getting harder for me to find a good sale. But I still really like some of her more classic leather designs.

Kind of off-topic... but I went to high school with Kate Spade...of course that wasn't her name back then:smile:

That's interesting, was she a creative type?

I have one Kate Spade, a brown canvas hobo, very functional and understated. The nylon Sam was one of the first designer bags that I lusted for :P. Really cute baby bags!

5 or 6 years ago I LOVED Kate Spade. I've since sold all of my bags on ebay. I just didn't feel like they held up all that well, for the price I paid I felt like they fell apart. I think it is not as popular as it used to be

but, that's just my opinion, everyone should carry what they love.

I love her Cape Cod line for summer with all of the lobsters. But I can't justify over $100 for what I'd basically use for a beach bag, so I guess I'll wait and see if they go on sale.

The bags are OK. I think they are simple and pricey. I wouldn't buy one at full price. They do go on sale, but I haven't been 'thrilled' for anything of the Kate Spade brand in a while.