Jessica Simpson

Yikes! Where to start: perhaps the boobs that are oozing out of her too small dress, or maybe the way to red color of her lipstick, I could go on but I don't want/need to be mean, I just don't understand her recent fashion nose dive! The Costume Institute Gala is all about Grace Kelly-esque elegance, not overly sexual skin baring looks. I think this misses the mark for the event, more MTV movie awards than CIG.

JOHN AND JESSICA BROKE UP!!!!!!

Multiple sources confirm exclusively to PerezHilton.com that John Mayer and Jessica Simpson have ended their relationship.

And John's fans are probably rejoicing!

The split happened very recently. "They officially called it quits this past weekend," a well placed source tells us. "They'd been having problems for a while now and just decided it'd be better to end things."

This news will come as a surprise to many, especially Jessica's dad - who just a few days ago was publicly praising Mayer in the press.

While Jessica is currently in Cannes - seemingly having a great time - John is wasting no time enjoying the single life either.

Mayer and his entourage hit up New York City club Stereo on Thursday night, and the rocker was having a really good time.

"He was ****ing drunk off his ass and was spending a lot of time with an ugly brunette that was not Jessica Simpson," a spywitness tells us.

jessica-simpson-john-mayer-split.jpg

Jessica Simpson and John Mayer have split, sources close to the couple have confirmed.

Mayer, 29, was the one who reportedly pulled the plug on the pair’s 9-month-long relationship this past weekend. The couple last stepped out together at the Costume Institute Gala in NYC earlier this month.

Jessica , 26, was last spotted at the Nike party on Thursday night in Cannes, France.

Halfway around the world, rumored ex-beau John Mayer partied through the wee hours of the night at NYC’s Stereo nightclub, where DJ AM was spinning.

Mayer stood sandwiched between club owner Michael Satsky and comedian Sherrod Small most of the night, chatting occasionally with one brunette lady friend.
“
He looked extremely happy partying like he was single,” said one Stereo clubgoer. “And there was one woman who looked overly friendly.”