Going Back to School

BeautyBootyBabe

Yeah, I like cake.
O.G.
Sep 8, 2011
So, I'm 27 and going back to school. I start in the fall. And it occurred to me tonight while I was looking at backpacks for my 4 year old...am I going to need a backpack too!? I mean, I can't fathom carrying around a legitimate backpack again...unless it's completely necessary. Is there something I could/should use? Something fashionable and that won't make me look like a complete nerd? I'm already worried about being the oldest person there...I don't need my awful out of date accessories to make it worse.

Help!

I mainly used a tote bag to carry around stuff in college (recent graduate), so I'm sure you can find something along those lines to fit your needs as well!

I really like the the Michael Kors Jet Set bag and Longchamp Le Pliage. :smile:

Attachments

• 267023_1_1.jpeg
    267023_1_1.jpeg
    23.5 KB · Views: 127
Longchamp Le Pliage are extremely popular in the Northeast, can't speak for anywhere else. I've also seen girls tote around Michael Kors, Coach, and other contemporary designers for school bags, but a Longchamp is fantastic because it's waterproof and can hold a lot if you get the largest size.

I don't get what's wrong with carrying a backpack. I'm around your age and I find carrying totes for school to be extremely exhausting, especially when carrying those binders, laptop, and books for the whole day. But if you are willing and able to carry a tote for school, then go for it. There are other people at my school who are much older than me and they carry a backpack too, and it's because it's more comfortable and convenient. But whatever.

If you want something "fashionable" then this RM MAB tote would be a good idea.

http://www.amazon.com/Rebecca-Minkoff-Tote-Black-Size/dp/B00BJDFN5E

And if you have a Nordstrom card, you can get this bag for under $200 at the Anniversary Sale. I seen this bag in person and it's beautiful and very spacious. Definitely professional for both school and work.

Hi, I'm back in School too and I'm older than you. I've been looking for a good looking backpack too and its hard. However I like some from Herschel Supply. Like the City Backpack.

So, I'm 27 and going back to school. I start in the fall. And it occurred to me tonight while I was looking at backpacks for my 4 year old...am I going to need a backpack too!? I mean, I can't fathom carrying around a legitimate backpack again...unless it's completely necessary. Is there something I could/should use? Something fashionable and that won't make me look like a complete nerd? I'm already worried about being the oldest person there...I don't need my awful out of date accessories to make it worse.

Help!

Trust me, you won't be the oldest person there. I'm 38 and back in school to get a degree in psychology and there are people 20 years older than me there. My teacher told us his mom received her masters at 70. ��

I rotated between a brooklyn industries tote and a large Le Pliage in college because I hated the idea of a backpack.

When I got to med school, I started carrying a backpack and although I hated it, but I was grateful because it was the only thing that didn't hurt my back and could accommodate the millions of things that I carried around on a daily basis. Carry whatever makes you comfortable and congrats on going back to school :smile: