Boston

the oak room in the fairmont is really nice, too. flemings is also really nice and maggianos is a great place to go with a group. for dessert- finale.

twinkle, how do yo know santarpios???

If you're looking for nice and eco-friendly italian try Mare in the North End. It's one of my new favorite places there.

Also great dependable italian food can be found at a cozy hole-in-the-wall called Monica's. I never leave there unhappy.

As for steak try Smith and Wolensky (I think I spelled that wrong) or Ruth's Chris. Both know how to cook a good steak. Also for a little lesser known place that does a great hangar steak, try Navy Yard Bistro in Charlestown.

Good luck finding a place to eat and enjoy Boston. :smile:

i went to a FANTASTIC smaller italian restaurant in Boston about 3 years ago...it was called Papa Razi's or Papparazi's or something like that (i think it was the first, like a play on words). All i know about location was that it was a couple blocks from The Ritz Carlton on the corner of Arlington and Newbury. it was a couple blocks going in the direction AWAY from the public garden.

it was phenomenal. we actually went twice while we were there. it was a smaller place, we had never heard of it and just sort of wandered in.

Fire and Ice is a lot of fun, the Capitol Grill (never been but always hear wonderful things- one of my friends actually got proposed to here), oh yes and Vinny T's for Italian!! theres several locations, its DELICIOUS!!

i went to a FANTASTIC smaller italian restaurant in Boston about 3 years ago...it was called Papa Razi's or Papparazi's or something like that (i think it was the first, like a play on words). All i know about location was that it was a couple blocks from The Ritz Carlton on the corner of Arlington and Newbury. it was a couple blocks going in the direction AWAY from the public garden.

it was phenomenal. we actually went twice while we were there. it was a smaller place, we had never heard of it and just sort of wandered in.

We went to Papparazi before and we werent too thrilled with the food... :shrugs:

Hello! I've been reading the board for awhile now, and thought I'd finally jump in with my first post! I'm moving to Boston in August for law school, and I'm looking for advice about the city - shopping, restaurants, nightlife, or anything else, really!

I'll be living in Brighton, right on the T line, so getting into the city isn't a problem at all. I took my first trip ever to Boston this past weekend and LOVED it, but any recommendations from people "in the know" would be fantastic!

Thanks in advance!

i went to boston university and i must say that i LOVE boston. for the categories you listed....

shopping:
- newbury st. (start at the hynes convention center t-stop): a long street full of all kinds of boutiques and restaurants. near the end of the street you have the high end boutiques like chanel, burberry, armani, etc.
- copley and the prudential: nice small malls with boutiques and shops
- wrentham outlets: outside of boston. amazing outlet mall with a coach, juicy, lacoste outlet amongst many others.

restaurants:
- legal seafood: great seafood. they have many locations all over boston.
- newbury st.: lots of restaurants on this street. most of them are pretty pricey.
- fanueil hall: food court with LOTS of different kinds of cuisine.

nightlife:
- lansdowne st. has a few night clubs.
- jillian's: its at the end of lansdowne st. lots of fun.