Orangutans Attend 'Jungle School' So They Can Be Returned To Safe Forests:*PICS*

Jan 23, 2006
Orangutan2_468x619.jpg

Orangutan1_468x294.jpg

A baby uses a laundry basket for a quick nap.
Orangutan6_468x340.jpg

Orangutan3_468x308.jpg

Orangutan5_468x337.jpg

Orphaned by hunters who hack their mothers to death, or victims of loggers destroying their forest, these wide-eyed, innocent orangutans have found a sanctuary to protect them.

And their unlikely new ‘mummy’? Former air-hostess Lone Droscher-Nielsen and her Borneo Orangutan Survival Foundation.
She has dedicated her life to saving orangutans whose habitat is being razed by bulldozers - without her, it is unlikely that any of these babies would be alive today. Now they attend ‘jungle school’ so they can be returned to safe forests.

World News.

Can't see the pics but God bless her! The plight of those poor animals drives me crazy! I cried my eyes out at "Gorillas in the Mist" & "Instinct"

Pics appeared as i was leaving, I was too impatient :0 adorable, thanks for posting Prada :smile:

Wow !! I'm signing up to become a BOS member. Its such a worthy cause.

Thanks for the link. I saw the story and loved it. So happy we can help. ( Hubby gave me the nod )

Thanks again Bagnshoo :heart:

Oh Boy ! Here I was just sitting here wondering how I could help. I'm also going to forward the link to a couple of friends of mine that are teachers here in the City. I would love to see Schools/children get involved in preserving these wonderful creatures.