BATTLE of BAGS - JUMBO vs GST! Come and join

Black Caviar Jumbo Flap or Black Caviar GST?

• Black Caviar Jumbo Flap SHW

• Black Caviar GST SHW

Results are only viewable after voting.
Get the jumbo for sure! You have lots of tote style bags.

I don't have a jumbo - although I am going to my Chanel boutique this Sunday and it is high on my list.

I have seen lots of shorter ladies (I am also 5ft 2) who have the jumbo and love it, like you say there was the fantastic post in how to shorten the chain so you always have that option.

I think the classic flap is exactly that a CLASSIC. So go for it :woohoo:

Get the jumbo for sure! You have lots of tote style bags.

I don't have a jumbo - although I am going to my Chanel boutique this Sunday and it is high on my list.

I have seen lots of shorter ladies (I am also 5ft 2) who have the jumbo and love it, like you say there was the fantastic post in how to shorten the chain so you always have that option.

I think the classic flap is exactly that a CLASSIC. So go for it :woohoo:

Welcome to the "mini lady club" :giggles:

Thank you for advise - I always see ladies with the m/l size. Maybe I have to go to the Chanel Store, try the bag on and make a picture :biggrin:

Jumbi! You have lots of totes! If you gravitate towards SHW, go with that! It's beautiful and still plenty classic!

Good luck! Would also recommend, as others have said, to look into preowned.

YES this is unhealthy :lol:
Especially because the things I want become more and more expensive :/

I have never paid so much money for a bag so I am a little confused :shrugs:
I know right!! There's rumors of another increase in UK Jan time so I want to purchase a couple more things asap if I can.

I think my boyfriend will soon be changing my password so I can't get on here haha.

I know right!! There's rumors of another increase in UK Jan time so I want to purchase a couple more things asap if I can.

I think my boyfriend will soon be changing my password so I can't get on here haha.

I also fear of a price increase...last year was one in april so I think until Christmas we are save ... I can buy a new bag earliest in January....ahhhh :lol:

(My boyfriend likes Chanel more then Louis Vuitton but gets really angry when I start talking about bags - so I'm really happy that I found this forum :lol:)

Jumbo all the way!

I did a reveal recently with mod shots: http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/instant-reveal-my-first-classic-886766.html

I am only 5 feet tall and the Jumbo doesn't look large on me at all.

I got a pre-owned Single Flap in excellent condition from a reputable consignor. It still costs significantly more than a brand-new GST but a lot less than a brand-new double Jumbo. I heard that for every day use a single flap may be a better option because it is lighter and easy to get in and out of.

Definitely the jumbo. It is a classic and it will last forever. I have jumbo SHW and I love her! As to hardware, it's a personal preference. I definitely love jumbo in GHW as well so you will have to try both and decide for yourself. Good luck in your decision. Don't settle. Buy what you love and you won't regret it.

Definitely jumbo. I've seen a lot of people regretting the GST because it gets bulky and uncomfortable and the straps fall down. I've tried it on in store as well and I wasn't really a fan. It's too boxy. Love my jumbos and I wear them pretty much every day. On the weekends, I've been using my WOC.

Jumbo! I'm only 4 11" and have the exact same jumbo as Catash, black caviar silver hw single flap and love the size! I don't think it looks too large on me at all. I think the jumbo size is practical for most occasions except if you are getting more dressed up then it may be a bit large. I had the actually bought a gst before I bought my single flap jumbo but thought it was too overpowering for my petite size. I actually think it looks better on petite ladies carried on the arm imo like Kristen Cavalarri carries hers.

Jumbo gets my vote !! Your choice Ofcourse, but there's something so special about wearing this handbag. It's a classic chanel in all sense of the word. The price only goes in one direction up, you won't regret it at all!! I'm 5'3 and I think it fits perfect on me.