Hard Suitcase Printed with FAKE?

Fifitrix

Aug 17, 2012
Ladies,

I'm no expert on LV but I saw the above at Lanzarote airport. Fake was printed across it in white CAPS.

Was the bag fake and possibly printed by customs or does LV have a sense of humour - I can't think of the word I'm actually looking for!!

I'm just being curious. thanks for any info.

Ladies,

I'm no expert on LV but I saw the above at Lanzarote airport. Fake was printed across it in white CAPS.

Was the bag fake and possibly printed by customs or does LV have a sense of humour - I can't think of the word I'm actually looking for!!

I'm just being curious. thanks for any info.
Picture?

Without a photo it's hard to say but I once saw a Youtube video from an authentic LV lover who showed a fake LV bag that she travels with, to countries where it's not safe to carry an expensive bag. It was a bad imitation mono Neverfull with the words 'Mo Money, Mo Problems' painted across the front. Maybe what you saw is something like that, so that people don't try to steal it.

WIthout pictures, I am assuming you mean a hardsided suitcase with "fake" painted on the outside. As LV offers complimentary painting of hardsided pieces to clients it is not unlikely that a customer with an ironic sense of humour has had "fake" painted on their trunk.

WIthout pictures, I am assuming you mean a hardsided suitcase with "fake" painted on the outside. As LV offers complimentary painting of hardsided pieces to clients it is not unlikely that a customer with an ironic sense of humour has had "fake" painted on their trunk.

IRONIC! That's the word! Hahahaa!!

I think you've hit the nail in the head. It was an elderly gent so you just can't tell. Thanks for your help.

I seriously doubt it. I can't see anyone ruining $6,000-$8,000 luggage by putting fake on it and I'm certain LV wouldn't handpaint that on their authentic items.

Most likely it WAS fake and he printed it himself to ward off thieves who might have thought it was real with expensive contents inside.

I seriously doubt it. I can't see anyone ruining $6,000-$8,000 luggage by putting fake on it and I'm certain LV wouldn't handpaint that on their authentic items.

Most likely it WAS fake and he printed it himself to ward off thieves who might have thought it was real with expensive contents inside.
+ 1 lv have had battles with counterfeiting for years, it's highly unlikely they would fulfil a request to write fake on a genuine item.

You know I was thinking maybe it real but the owner commission someone else to paint the word fake.
On Instagram, I saw a business owner who does offer custom painting on your LV pieces and possibly other branded coated canvas bags. I was going to go with this owner to do a Murakami panda imitation on a planned mono cles purchase. :P

http://www.losangelesarthouse.com
The link above is where I want to my business with and link I found on their instagram page. lol