Rag & Bone Newbury/Kinsey vs Acne Pistol

gazoo

O.G.
Aug 26, 2006
Does anyone have the Acne Pistols and Rag & Bone Newbury or Kinsey's? I'd love to know what your thoughts are on how comparable they are in quality/durability and comfort? I've yet to get any Pistols and would be buying them sight unseen since there is no local retailer for me to try them on. Any opinions would be welcome.

I do! I have lots of Newburys, 3 Kinseys, and 1 pair of Pistols (also have 2 Stars).

Here's my take
1. Pistols are less supportive/comfortable than Newburys/Kinseys but not by much
2. Pistols are narrower and stiffer
3. Pistols' outer rubber sole > Rag&Bone's outer leather sole. Especially if you live in the city and step in crap everyday.
4. Pistols have a superior profile but it will fad. Newburys hold shape well--but have that wide gap.
5. Pistols have an edge in craftsmanship IMOP
6. I think they're equivalent in terms of durability...

And Acne Stars are majorly uncomfortable & feel like wooden clogs.

Attachments

• AcneBOOTS-2.jpg
    AcneBOOTS-2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,625
I do! I have lots of Newburys, 3 Kinseys, and 1 pair of Pistols (also have 2 Stars).

Here's my take
1. Pistols are less supportive/comfortable than Newburys/Kinseys but not by much
3. Pistols' outer rubber sole > Rag&Bone's outer leather sole. Especially if you live in the city and step in crap everyday.
4. Pistols have a superior profile but it will fad. Newburys hold shape well--but have that wide gap.

Thank you! :smile: What a perfectly concise comparison. Is the photo of the same pair over time?

No prob! That's 3 different pairs. There were a few other pics that went along with it but I can't find the original post/blog. I love pistols right out of the box. So awesome.

And "Fad" meaning "fade" in #4...oops.

Love this picture! If anyone finds the original blog post, please post link here.

Here's my take

No prob! That's 3 different pairs. There were a few other pics that went along with it but I can't find the original post/blog. I love pistols right out of the box. So awesome.

And "Fad" meaning "fade" in #4...oops.

Yes out of the box they are TDF. I ordered some but had to return them for a smaller size and now the smaller size is out of stock. But I will keep hunting. I've got way too many Rag & Bone Newburys and Kinseys. Pretty much every color they came in and I LOVE them, however I was very impressed with the different vibe of the Pistol. Just edgier somehow. And that side tassel really made my day. Although side by side the Pistols made my feet look larger since the bottom of the shoe is such a different shape to the R&Bs. Thank you again for your insights. :smile:

I have Acne Pistols and Rag & Bone Newburys - I think the Pistols are actually so much more comfortable. The heels do wear faster than the newburys though and I've had to get mine resoled a few times while I haven't had anything done to my newburys (but I also don't wear those nearly as often as the pistols). Side note, I also have Acne Stars and I think those are really comfortable too and a lot more comfortable than the Newburys. The Newburys aren't uncomfortable, but I can wear either pair of Acne boots walking around the city all day and my feet are fine, whereas my soles are sore after wearing the Newburys for a night out.