Handle on my Bal Day is unraveling

anabg

O.G.
Sep 17, 2011
It's happening on one side only. I just noticed today so I think it just happened. Anything I can do at home? Or it needs to be professionally fixed? TIA.

Wow, I've never seen this before. May be you could try to fix it again and cover the knot with glue, to keep it from unraveling? Please keep us posted on how you solve this issue. Thanks!

I am not sure if this is common or not but I only found one thread where someone talks about this happening to her. She says she used crazy glue.. I am waiting to see if anyone else chimes in before I go that route.

Looks like the knot at the end came untied. I'd just tie it again. Example of a tied knot at the end of a Day handle:

107297d1295428182-sold-balenciaga-magenta-day-2008-excellent-tpf-sales-sold-magenta-rivet.jpg

Looks like the knot at the end came untied. I'd just tie it again. Example of a tied knot at the end of a Day handle:

deluxemall.com/attachments/balenciaga/107297d1295428182-sold-balenciaga-magenta-day-2008-excellent-tpf-sales-sold-magenta-rivet.jpg

Thank you. I agree. But when the knot was tied there was probably a much longer rope to work with and the excess was later trimmed. There is not enough rope now for me to do another knot. I am going to give it a shot, though.

Thank you. I agree. But when the knot was tied there was probably a much longer rope to work with and the excess was later trimmed. There is not enough rope now for me to do another knot. I am going to give it a shot, though.

It might be helpful to tie two longer strings (maybe dental floss?) to the ends and then use them to manipulate the short pieces into a knot. Just a thought. Good luck!:idea: