I don't understand this seller's feedback...

purseladyabc

Jan 18, 2008
I almost bought a Louis Vuitton from them yesterday, but decided to 'look into' their feedback. . It's 99.6% positive, but there are many negative comments. Someone left this as positive
"Your LV bag is fake". Another person left the positive "bag was not in great condition". Why the positive feedback for a fake bag.

Strange comments .. What is the seller's return policy?

Perhaps the buyer(s)?? left these comments after their refunds were completed
to warn others especially with the fake... Would have left negative for a fake bag
but with buyers you never know they why's of what they do..

I left a negative once after a return and it was removed by eBay. It may be policy that if the buyer gets a refund eBay will remove a negative if the seller complains about it. In my case, even with the refund, the seller deserved a neg. EBay removed it almost immediately.

I left a negative once after a return and it was removed by eBay. It may be policy that if the buyer gets a refund eBay will remove a negative if the seller complains about it. In my case, even with the refund, the seller deserved a neg. EBay removed it almost immediately.
In a case of feedback removal, the neg doesn't change to positive though. Whenever I've seen instances such as this, the feedback comment remains without any feedback rating and with the notation that feedback was removed by ebay.

In a case of feedback removal, the neg doesn't change to positive though. Whenever I've seen instances such as this, the feedback comment remains without any feedback rating and with the notation that feedback was removed by ebay.
Yes, I'm wondering if the buyers somehow knew a negative would be removed, so they chose to leave a positive with a negative comment?

I remember being a victim of a similar seller maybe 10 years ago. I had purchased an LV wallet on ebay (before I discovered TPF) and when it arrived it was clearly fake. The "canvas" was rubbery, there was visible adhesive in the seams, the monogram was off. I asked the seller for a refund and she "requested" positive feedback in exchange. If I recall correctly, one could not leave negative feedback after receiving a timely refund, so I left positive feedback while stating in the comments that the item was fake but the seller was great about taking returns and issuing refunds. I think she really only wanted to accumulate a large number of positives in the hope that many buyers would skip reading the actual feedback. I have since learned my lesson.

Yes, I'm wondering if the buyers somehow knew a negative would be removed, so they chose to leave a positive with a negative comment?

I doubt it. It's very difficult to get a neg removed because ebay considers feedback a statement of "opinion" and unless there's a policy violation posted in the feedback, i.e., reference to a dispute or legal case, profanity, identifying information, etc., ebay rarely removes a feedback even in cases where the seller did nothing to deserve it.

I remember being a victim of a similar seller maybe 10 years ago. I had purchased an LV wallet on ebay (before I discovered TPF) and when it arrived it was clearly fake. The "canvas" was rubbery, there was visible adhesive in the seams, the monogram was off. I asked the seller for a refund and she "requested" positive feedback in exchange. If I recall correctly, one could not leave negative feedback after receiving a timely refund, so I left positive feedback while stating in the comments that the item was fake but the seller was great about taking returns and issuing refunds. I think she really only wanted to accumulate a large number of positives in the hope that many buyers would skip reading the actual feedback. I have since learned my lesson.
It's only fairly recently that ebay changed the policy stating that if a case is resolved in the seller's favor then feedback can be removed if the buyer. If a buyer doesn't pay for a purchase and a UID (unpaid item dispute) is closed and the buyer gets a strike, feedback will be removed. (By "case," I mean a dispute that was escalated and resolved by ebay or PP.)

However in cases of mutual cancellations, returns agreed to by the seller or refunds issued by the seller, feedback can be left and it can be positive, negative or neutral.