Ode to Hermes Poncho

Israeli_Flava

Counting My Blessings 1 Birkin At A Time ;)
O.G.
Nov 26, 2009
Yes, I am considering, of all things, an Hermes ROCABAR PONCHO.
Who knew?
Well, they are beyond cute but I noticed there is no thread dedicated to Ponchos and hardly any pics I can find on the forum.

Please ladies, my SA has cw 1 on hold for me to see early next week. Cw1 is "yellow". She thinks this one is best for me but that is the only one she has in the boutique currently so I wanted to see the other possibilities before I commit to it. I know I will lose all sensibilities once I step foot in tthe boutique but I don't want tohave buyers remorse so I need to do my research prior to my arrival.

Poncho ladies... what do you think??? Can I see some pics of you and your Ponchos???? Pretty please help me decide!!!! The pics on h.com are not very useful....

Papertiger....Arabesque :search: Can you ladies help????

Reactions: thelilachour
I think they are faaaaaaabulous if you have either the height or the insouciance to pull it off. I believe the lovely arabesques has photos on her blog :flowers:

I believe Arabesques has the yellow one you are considering - and she rocks it!
I had the red, but I let it go because it just didn't work for my frame.
I'm very tall and the poncho is VERY big, so I ended up looking just big. I never could figure out how to
carry that much material, but those who do look amazingly cool.

I hope our fashionable sisters will share some pics. Every time I see one I have second thoughts
about letting mine go. Perhaps I should try again...

Reactions: thelilachour
I wish they were a tad smaller. These have great flair but they are not the easiest to wear.
Of course, I live in a place where it was 90F two days ago, so my fall wardrobe is an irrational
collection anyway...
I grabbed two from burberry this season for my cape / poncho fix. Not H, but a more manageable size.
The Rocabar IS super-cool and timeless, a rare combo.

i love it its very versatile with the tassels it has for me like 5 ways of wearing it and its a classic i wear a lot during the Winter !

Oh my darling the tassels are what did me in!!! if you have any archive pics wearing it, I'd soooo love to see you in it!!!!

Here's Kate Moss wearing a Rocabar - the caption in Vogue states it's the Rocabar blanket, not the poncho, but the same effect.
Kate Moss can do no wrong.

View attachment 2792735

Yes, and this is the cw my SA has said she feels I will love the most. I do not foresee myself wearing it this way but it is super cool casual looking with her clogs ....

I'm 5'7 and 135 lbs... I have no idea how this will look on me....

IF, I love this thread! I am debating getting a colorblocked monogrammed blanket poncho from Burberry (on the list for one)but will look into this!
I am short and have my doubts if I will drown or look boxy...but it is so very cool now and looks so chic! Hard for me to resist.

Last edited:
IF, I love this thread! I am debating getting a colorblocked monogrammed blanket poncho from Burberry (on the list for one)but will look into this!
I am short and have my doubts if I will drown or look boxy...but it is so very cool now and looks so chic! Hard for me to resist.

Yes darling... they are so fun looking... I can imagine so many ways to wear this thing... and the price point is fabulous for Hermes... Please look into it before taking a Burberry poncho.

I honestly can't give enough praise for the Rocobar poncho. It's heavenly. Though 90% wool, it never makes my sensitive skin itch (not even 100% cashmere sweaters do that, much less H CSGMs). You can rock them with everything, from jeans to dresses. I got my first one after seeing a British woman wear the Rouge with a black dress and Kelly at a fancy outdoors event outside London.

I have only the paille (yellow) and rouge, but I want them all. Seriously.

Attachments

• Hermes Brown Boots & Poncho.jpg
    Hermes Brown Boots & Poncho.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 5,874
  • Central Park Paille Poncho 1.jpg
    Central Park Paille Poncho 1.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 4,839
  • Hermes Paille Poncho Catskills.jpg
    Hermes Paille Poncho Catskills.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 4,374
  • Rouge H Poncho.jpg
    Rouge H Poncho.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 4,728
Reactions: mariacarla
I honestly can't give enough praise for the Rocobar poncho. It's heavenly. Though 90% wool, it never makes my sensitive skin itch (not even 100% cashmere sweaters do that, much less H CSGMs). You can rock them with everything, from jeans to dresses. I got my first one after seeing a British woman wear the Rouge with a black dress and Kelly at a fancy outdoors event outside London.

I have only the paille (yellow) and rouge, but I want them all. Seriously.

Oh thank you dear!!! I can see why my SA has insisted on this color for me. In the Fall/Winter months I live in Chestnut accessories/boots and have a gold Birkin. You look fabulous!!! So how tall are you??? It does not look that long on you....which was my concern....

Do you ever wear it with a belt? Like I mean just the front part belted (not all the way around on the outside, as I think there is too much fabric).....

Oh thank you dear!!! I can see why my SA has insisted on this color for me. In the Fall/Winter months I live in Chestnut accessories/boots and have a gold Birkin. You look fabulous!!! So how tall are you??? It does not look that long on you....which was my concern....

Do you ever wear it with a belt? Like I mean just the front part belted (not all the way around on the outside, as I think there is too much fabric).....

I'm shorter than you, so I don't think you'll have to worry.

Most of the time, I just toss one (or both) side over the shoulder and go, but this fall (once fall weather actually comes!), I'll be belting the front ends with a CDC belt. It's beautiful that way, very beautiful.