Watches...how to decide?

phillj12

O.G.
Nov 28, 2008
I currently have a small, pink MOP Cartier Tank that I love, but I want to add another, sportier (or just different) watch to my collection. I have a very casual lifestyle...rarely need to dress up. Anyhow, I def want diamonds on it. I am so torn....

Steel Bb with Pink Gold/Diamond Bezel...yes, I love this!
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1414541052.734059.jpg

Don't know the exact name but steel Rolex with MOP face and Diamond bezel. This is a 33mm (or 31mm) but I would get 38mm. When I was trying I LOVED this too!
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1414541101.624846.jpg

Here's what the 38mm looks like on me. I don't think I want with just diamond markers but I like the YG/Steel combo.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1414541200.247269.jpg

Love the BB because it just seems so stunning and unique...but I already have a Cartier (although this is so different).

Loved the Rolex because I don't have to worry about getting it wet, and seems sportier to me...but not so unique?? But the MOP was exquisite!!!

Any thoughts??

Thanks!!!

I like the last one. The diamonds are contained inside the watch which protects their setting and gives it an overall, in my opinion, sportier look. The diamonds on the outside of the other watches, might be a problem later on...have to watch out for them getting loose, get the prongs checked incessantly, etc. That would concern me and add to the maintenance of the watch (having to get the bezels checked every 6 months)

I like the last one. The diamonds are contained inside the watch which protects their setting and gives it an overall, in my opinion, sportier look. The diamonds on the outside of the other watches, might be a problem later on...have to watch out for them getting loose, get the prongs checked incessantly, etc. That would concern me and add to the maintenance of the watch (having to get the bezels checked every 6 months)

They really need to be checked that often?? Eek!!

I like the 31 mm Rolex better on you. I have had several diamond bezel Rolexes and never had to check them every 6 months

Thanks so much! I'm so glad to hear that! Yes, I think the 31mm looks better but I really wanted something more oversized...if they had a 34mm or 36mm that would be perfect! But that's only in the gold. 😣

I think the first one will look good on you. It's very unique for me and the details seem special. I'm not really particular with watch design since I'm more of using bracelet all the time. My favorite is the one my Mom gave me, a magnetic bracelet with a silver gem on it. So I really hope my suggestion would still help you decide on which one to get. :smile:

I prefer the Rolex w/ fluted bezel and diamond markers. You said you don't dress up much and that one is perfect for transitional lives - where you want the best of both.

Great choices!
I think the 38mm looks too big...you don't want to look like a walking wrist. LOL!
Since you already own a Cartier I'd go with the MOB/diamond bezel or MOB/diamond markers but the 31/33mm size.

Thank you all! Yes, Swanky Mama, the diamond markers and steel/gold combo is beautiful! But I SOO want a diamond bezel...altho perhaps too flashy?? Sigh...I'm going to go try on again!

Thanks for your great feedback!

And yes, Skyqueen...the 38 did seem too big but they only make in 34/36" in solid gold.😁

Thank you all! Yes, Swanky Mama, the diamond markers and steel/gold combo is beautiful! But I SOO want a diamond bezel...altho perhaps too flashy?? Sigh...I'm going to go try on again!

Thanks for your great feedback!

And yes, Skyqueen...the 38 did seem too big but they only make in 34/36" in solid gold.😁
I just checked your pics out, again.
I love the Rolex/diamond bezel on you the best! The SS makes it sporty with a little pizzaz from the diamond bezel...best of both worlds and IMHO not too flashy.
Plus, down the road, if you want a little change...perfect size to layer with a bracelet and get a totally different look.

I know nothing about Rolex but I've never seen anyone lose a diamond on their BB or any other watch for that matter at Cartier. Do you live by a boutique? If you do you can go get it cleaned every so often and when they clean it they'll check the settings. I personally love the BB with diamond bezel, it's beautiful and classy without being too much. The Rolex looks much sportier to me, even with the diamonds:smile: but out of the Rolex, I like the middle one.

^I agree. I've had a watch w/ diamond bezel and I did not baby it, I've worn a prong set diamond tennis bracelet for 13 years and have never lost a stone, same w/ all my rings. . . it's a non-issue IMO.