Odeon

i have it and it is the most convenient bag to use. it holds quite a bit , has a zip top for security and a front pocket for easy access for cellphone or keys. a really comfortable hands free crossbody.

So sorry. I am curious and can not resist to ask a question. Is odeon holds the same as bloomsbury?
i have both the odeon and bloomsbury. they are very similar in size but the odeon is thicker and the bloomsbury is wider. in other words, the bloomsbury is flatter than the odeon, but when measured across the front, the bloomie is wider

Ah, the Odeon!
I am not usually an impulse purchase kind of person, nor am I a big fan of mono, but the Odeon is one of my favorite bags. For the longest time I saw people with crossbody bags and every time I tried one on in stores I looked awful. I mentioned this to my SA in Florida, and she suggested the Odeon despite my not caring for mono. I tried it on and it was love!

I took it home and was amazed at how much it holds (I don't do reveals but I did for the Odeon because I was so enamored with it). I tanned it in my home in Florida before taking it out, and it was torture waiting to use it. I now wear it several times a week, and I change my bags and SLGs daily (sometimes more than once a day for the bags). I used to wear my DE pochette NM to walk my pug, but now I use it more as a bag organizer, as I regularly reach for the Odeon now. It is flat, lightweight, carefree, casual and holds more than it seems. A travel essential.

Too bad they discontinued the GM or I would consider a second one. An epi Odeon would be soooooo sweet!

Oryx816, so happy to hear how much you love the Odeon. How do you "tan" the vachetta? This is the only thing stopping me from getting this bag. Thanks!

Yes, I am not a new vachetta lover, but it is simple to get a nice patina. It also definitely helps to live in hot climates. I tan it on both sides equally 2-3 hours a day (1-1.5 hours per side) for 3 days, then I take a damp (not wet) microfiber cloth (any soft cloth will do), and rub all of the vachetta, and put it outside again for a bit. The next three days, tanning again, and damp microfiber cloth, followed by buffing with a dry microfiber cloth. The seventh day, apple guard. I think I even have a few pics of before and after....I will look, and post them here if I still have them.

The hard part is making sure it doesn't rain during the process, and of course, waiting to wear the bag!

Btw, this isn't exact science here....I got the advice when I went to Morocco and visited leather tanneries many, many moons ago.....you can tan it for a shorter amount of time....I just don't like it so bright.

HTH!

Last edited:
I have the Odeon PM…My parents bought it for me last year for Hanukkah (yes I'm 29 and still get Hanukkah presents :roflmfao:)……Anyways, I adore it!!!! I've used it on casual days and I've also worn it out at night with friends and dressed up an out fit. It's one of my favorite bags!