Celine Phantom Python

xbebelove

Apr 30, 2014
Hey ladies,

Thinking of buying a Celine python phantom...
This will be my first exotic skin and first Celine!!

However.. read very mixed reveals about python...
I definitely baby my bags and will put in the effort to take care of it... however, are python bags durable enough to last... forever?

Anyone have any tips on making it last and the scales to not rise? Get rid of colour transfers etc...? I read it should be kept in a dry non-humid environment... I'm from Canada and my place is air conditioned 24/7.. is that considered dry or wet... LOL.. !!

Thanks in advance! :biggrin:

Hey ladies,

Thinking of buying a Celine python phantom...
This will be my first exotic skin and first Celine!!

However.. read very mixed reveals about python...
I definitely baby my bags and will put in the effort to take care of it... however, are python bags durable enough to last... forever?

Anyone have any tips on making it last and the scales to not rise? Get rid of colour transfers etc...? I read it should be kept in a dry non-humid environment... I'm from Canada and my place is air conditioned 24/7.. is that considered dry or wet... LOL.. !!

Thanks in advance! :biggrin:

The phantom is great! I have one in regular calfskin and I own a python celine wallet so I guess I have a bit of experience. The python can be a bit delicate and the scales do rise a little but it is not as bad if you take care of it. However, if you want something that lasts for a long time then I don't really recommend python at all for any brands. The scales eventually will rise over time. Getting rid of color transfers is a bit tricky on python because if you try to rub it out it may cause rising/damage etc to the scales. If this is going to be your first Celine then I highly suggest going for a regular leather version instead of python. The calfskin leather is VERY durable and will last for a long time. And if you really take care of it then you can maybe even pass it on to your children!!!

A good idea is to get a calfskin phantom and with the money you save get a small python piece from celine and see how it goes. If you think its okay then go for the python phantom.

But remember get what genuinely makes you happy!:smile:

Good luck in deciding!!

The phantom is great! I have one in regular calfskin and I own a python celine wallet so I guess I have a bit of experience. The python can be a bit delicate and the scales do rise a little but it is not as bad if you take care of it. However, if you want something that lasts for a long time then I don't really recommend python at all for any brands. The scales eventually will rise over time. Getting rid of color transfers is a bit tricky on python because if you try to rub it out it may cause rising/damage etc to the scales. If this is going to be your first Celine then I highly suggest going for a regular leather version instead of python. The calfskin leather is VERY durable and will last for a long time. And if you really take care of it then you can maybe even pass it on to your children!!!

A good idea is to get a calfskin phantom and with the money you save get a small python piece from celine and see how it goes. If you think its okay then go for the python phantom.

But remember get what genuinely makes you happy!:smile:

Good luck in deciding!!
Thanks for replying! Yes I'm just scared that the scales will eventually all rise up overtime.. no matter how well i try to maintain it.

Do you by chance know the price difference between the calfskin and the python?

Thanks for replying! Yes I'm just scared that the scales will eventually all rise up overtime.. no matter how well i try to maintain it.

Do you by chance know the price difference between the calfskin and the python?

I'm not so sure but it is probably 1k-2k maybe. My phantom was $3750 USD so a python one must be at least $5k USD or more. It is a pretty significant difference.

My first phantom was the natural python (see link for example http://www.spottedfashion.com/wp-co...ral-Python-Phantom-Bag-Fall-2012-4550USD1.jpg).

At the time (2013), it was $5200. I loved it and found it very easy to wear without much fuss (much better than the regular leather phantoms I tried at the time which seemed prone to wear). IIRC I pretreated my bag with the appropriate Collonil spray. However, I would occasionally get colortransfers which would come off without any issues with leather conditioner. Also, due to the nature of the natural python,minor blemishes were not particularly noticeable.

I’ve since sold the bag as I found the side flaps were becoming too “floppy” with use which was the only feature I didn’t care for. I suppose that characteristic is more common withthe python (or suede as I’ve seen on others). I still have phantoms in the black “croc” and burgundy natural leather which I found to be more structured and don’t have the floppy issue.

Thanks for the feedback! I've decided to not get the python and just wait for Holts to get in the regular calfskin one... I realized that it is a bag that I want to carry daily (I prefer small clutches for special occasions)

Now Toronto just needs to just hurry and get more Celine stock!

My first phantom was the natural python (see link for example http://www.spottedfashion.com/wp-co...ral-Python-Phantom-Bag-Fall-2012-4550USD1.jpg).

At the time (2013), it was $5200. I loved it and found it very easy to wear without much fuss (much better than the regular leather phantoms I tried at the time which seemed prone to wear). IIRC I pretreated my bag with the appropriate Collonil spray. However, I would occasionally get colortransfers which would come off without any issues with leather conditioner. Also, due to the nature of the natural python,minor blemishes were not particularly noticeable.

I’ve since sold the bag as I found the side flaps were becoming too “floppy” with use which was the only feature I didn’t care for. I suppose that characteristic is more common withthe python (or suede as I’ve seen on others). I still have phantoms in the black “croc” and burgundy natural leather which I found to be more structured and don’t have the floppy issue.

Wow that looks gorgeous!!!

Thanks for the feedback! I've decided to not get the python and just wait for Holts to get in the regular calfskin one... I realized that it is a bag that I want to carry daily (I prefer small clutches for special occasions)

Now Toronto just needs to just hurry and get more Celine stock!

Good choice! The calfskin is very sturdy for everyday use. I'm a student and I use mine almost everyday and it still looks good as new. I prefer clutches for special occasions as well.

I was going to say, I was just in Holts on Bloor yesterday and they had a baby blue python phantom, didn't bother to check the price though so I can't tell you the exact price.

Also, perhaps you might be interested in looking outside Toronto for your purchase? Or would you prefer to buy from Holts? I have a few phone numbers and sales associates I could recommend to you if you are interested in either Holts on Bloor or a few other Canada-wide locations (Vancouver, Montreal). I personally purchased my mini luggage from a store in Vancouver and couldn't have been more happy with the service and the price I paid.

Thank you for your offer! I do prefer buying from Toronto.. just a personal preference and I got in touch with a sales associate at the bloor holts.. apparently the waiting list isn't bad just they have no idea when the delivery date will be!

Right now, for anyone that is interested, there is a pony hair phantom at bloor... he never mentioned the baby blue python so perhaps it got sold already?

I was going to say, I was just in Holts on Bloor yesterday and they had a baby blue python phantom, didn't bother to check the price though so I can't tell you the exact price.

Also, perhaps you might be interested in looking outside Toronto for your purchase? Or would you prefer to buy from Holts? I have a few phone numbers and sales associates I could recommend to you if you are interested in either Holts on Bloor or a few other Canada-wide locations (Vancouver, Montreal). I personally purchased my mini luggage from a store in Vancouver and couldn't have been more happy with the service and the price I paid.