Traveling - need to bring small bag

grnbri

O.G.
Jul 27, 2013
I will be traveling across country and then internationally with my 2 toddlers. I want to bring a small bag that will serve as wallet and night bag and would prefer it to fit in the usual day bag which tends to be a diaper sling. My first choice would be a black prada saffiano woc which is out at my local mall....so this is what we have:
1. Old hobo clutch - only prob is it doesn't have a strap which would be nice if I use during day
2. E&J convertible clutch - great size for day but doesn't fit in sling and also leather is really soft and easily scratched
3. Tory burch woc - closest I could find to the Prada one I want - but I guess I'm disappointed in how it feels - just not that nice.
What do you think? Scratch it all and look for the one during the trip? Or is the selection adequate here?
Other suggestions?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPurseForum1414181160.473784.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1414181160.473784.jpg
    844.5 KB · Views: 354
Sounds like the Tory Burch WOC is the closest one that meet your needs of having a strap and fitting into your bag, even though you don't love the feel of it.

I have a Salvatore Ferragamo wallet on chain. It's made of saffiano leather and has a crossbody strap. I tuck the chain inside the bag (or take it off) when I throw the bag into my regular diaper bag. It's awesome.

I really love the Bayswater Clutch wallet for its versatility. Considering I paid $300 (sale price) in Jan of 2013, though, I am sort of appalled at the current $850 price!

This is right on in terms of what I am looking for! Too bad I don't have a Mulberry store nearby....and we are leaving in just a few days so I don't think I will have time to order this.

I have a Salvatore Ferragamo wallet on chain. It's made of saffiano leather and has a crossbody strap. I tuck the chain inside the bag (or take it off) when I throw the bag into my regular diaper bag. It's awesome.

Great suggestion! My problem is that the iPhone 6+ doesn't fit easily (with its protective case) in the Ferragamo WOC. I do love the durability of saffiano.

Sounds like the Tory Burch WOC is the closest one that meet your needs of having a strap and fitting into your bag, even though you don't love the feel of it.
Agree! But I just read about this Japanese closet organizer who noted that everything in ones closet should make one feel joyful and as I didn't feel this the Tory Burch went back this weekend.

I decided to go with a slightly bigger bag - purchased both the Fendi Fendista Pouchette vs Burberry large "Langley" (on nordstrom) to accommodate sunnies, small wallet, and monster phone. The Fendista may be inching ahead - it travels better as it is quite small but interestingly enough holds the same as the much larger appearing Burberry...but the Langley actually has credit card slots to hold cards and much tougher leather - also slightly nicer in that it is lined in leather.

Off the topic, anyone know where Burberry bags are manufactured these days? I couldn't find a tag noting made in China vs some other place on the bag and the website only says that it is made "of imported materials".....

This is right on in terms of what I am looking for! Too bad I don't have a Mulberry store nearby....and we are leaving in just a few days so I don't think I will have time to order this.

Great suggestion! My problem is that the iPhone 6+ doesn't fit easily (with its protective case) in the Ferragamo WOC. I do love the durability of saffiano.

Agree! But I just read about this Japanese closet organizer who noted that everything in ones closet should make one feel joyful and as I didn't feel this the Tory Burch went back this weekend.

I decided to go with a slightly bigger bag - purchased both the Fendi Fendista Pouchette vs Burberry large "Langley" (on nordstrom) to accommodate sunnies, small wallet, and monster phone. The Fendista may be inching ahead - it travels better as it is quite small but interestingly enough holds the same as the much larger appearing Burberry...but the Langley actually has credit card slots to hold cards and much tougher leather - also slightly nicer in that it is lined in leather.

Off the topic, anyone know where Burberry bags are manufactured these days? I couldn't find a tag noting made in China vs some other place on the bag and the website only says that it is made "of imported materials".....
Big compliment on your TB Dynema Synapse! TB bags make travel and daily life better.

I use a small Ferragamo on a chain and put cash and cards in a TB wallet, so there is room for sunglasses and phone. The chain is long enough for cross body, and it's detachable. I also have a vintage coated canvas Fendi small cross body that is good day to evening, since I never go anywhere fancy.

Update: the fendi pouchette is the perfect little travel bag. I love it! Packs beautifully into the backpack and can turn into crossbody for day and clutch for night. Holds so much more than I expected- Can even handle a tiny water bottle. Will have to see how the soft leather does in the long run but so far so good.

Re Tom Bihn backpack: omg- the best. I packed so much stuff into that backpack. Looking forward to more travels with both the Bihn and the Fendista....would def be more glam to travel with just one large luxury tote but that's not happening anytime soon with my rambunctious toddlers joining us on all of our adventures.